"i know, felix."

on their drive to work, it was quieter than it usually was. neither talked as much as they usually do, perhaps finally out of words to say to one another.

at least, words they felt like they were allowed to say.

hyunjin dropped off felix and gave him a small wave and smile which was returned with the same.

but something felt off. different.

during break, hyunjin decided to just stay at the cafe. he took a pastry and went into the back to where minho was taking inventory.

"hyung," he leaned against a wall facing the elder, who hummed softly in response to him. "do you think it's selfish to only want someone to yourself?" he watched as minho processed what he asked, his brows furrowing in confusion, or concern, or both.

"what?" there was a sharpness to his words when minho immediately directed all his attention to hyunjin, who was taken aback by the sudden focus the other had on him.

"oh, i just- uh.." hyunjin stammered along his words before he was cut off by minho sighing exaggeratedly.

"hyunjin, if this is about felix-" minho put what he was holding onto the shelf beside him and crossed his arms.

"no! no, of course not! why would you even think that.." hyunjin lied through his teeth, but he could tell minho's gaze could see right through him.

"hyunjin, we've known each other for a long time now. i would say we've been friends for a long time now. but i can't help but feel like you keep trying to hide how you're feeling from me, even when we both know damn well what it is."

hyunjin was not expecting the sudden confrontation. he felt a lump forming in his throat as he struggled to get out any words, and when he swallowed it felt like he couldn't breathe. minho was standing right in front of him now, arms crossed, and eyes piercing.

"i don't know what feeling you're talking about." hyunjin finally managed to say something, but from his glare, minho seemed like he would've rathered hyunjin not have said anything at all than to respond the way he did.

"god, you are so stupid." minho dodged hyunjin's hand trying to pull him back as he stormed past hyunjin and back out to the front of the cafe.

hyunjin was left in the room alone, overwhelmed and confused with the quickness of everything and the frustration of feeling like the only one who didn't know what was going on.

minho and hyunjin didn't talk for the rest of the day. he didn't even bother saying goodbye to hyunjin or felix when he left. felix tried asking hyunjin what happened between them for him to act that way, but hyunjin just brushed him off, claiming minho was just in a mood.

"is it something to do with us?" hyunjin almost slammed on his breaks in the middle of the road.

"no, why would you think that?" hyunjin tried to keep his calm. yes it was something to do with him and felix, but even hyunjin didn't know what minho was alluding to.

"well you said before that he gotten upset over it, so i just assumed-"

"why would you assume anything? you don't know anything about minho and i." felix shut his mouth the rest of the way home after that. hyunjin wanted to apologize for snapping at him, but felix didn't give him a chance, muttering a quick thank you and goodbye before slamming the door shut and going into his apartment.

first minho, and now felix. hyunjin felt like no one in the world wanted to talk to him anymore, and honestly he didn't blame them.

when hyunjin got home, he decided to try and distract himself by drawing, but he kept finding himself drawing the same face.

im not yoursजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें