"Lib, needed to use the bathroom, so August wanted for her." But I had to see my girlfriend before I left so you know how that go.

Nick and I glanced at each other, before laughed. 

"Son, you are too young for a girlfriend" Nicki said.

"Whatever ma" He said. 

August and Liberty ran towards the car in a hurry, as they jumped inside. 

"HI mommy" Liberty said. 

"Hey my sweet face" How was your day? I asked. 

"Amazing!" I didn't even cry today when you dropped me off. She said. 

"That's my brave girl" I said. 

"I want a baby girl". Nicki said. 

I smiled as I drove off towards the airport. "Talk to ya mans about that" I said.

"Hello to you to August" I said. 

I glanced at his face through the mirror as he looked inside the baby car seat at his brother. 

For a moment he studied my every move. He reminded me so much of Von and it was scary to think about. 

"Why do you have sunglasses on?" He asked. 

"Is it a crime?" I shot back.

"I'm just saying, the sun isn't out much, and you rarely every wear your sunglasses" He said. 

"Nephew are you a investigator now?" Nicki asked. 

I laughed for a  moment... "Not too much on my sun now. 

"Where are we going anyway?" August asked.  

"Airport, New York to exact." "Were going to visit your grandma." 

"Is daddy coming?  He always comes" Lib asked. 

--"maybe" was all I said. 

The rest of the car ride was slient until we arrived at the airport and unloaded our bags. 

I placed Lib and King in the double stroller as she reached for my glasses. 

"No baby" I said as I grabbed them out of her hand placing them back on my face."

"What happened to your face ma?" August asked. 

"Fuck" I mumbled to myself. 

"Look mommy, daddy is walking over here" Lib shouted. 

I almost wondered if she had anything sweet before leaving school. 

"Baby girl" I heard Von say as he approached us. 

"Did you hit her?" August yelled. 

I grabbed his hand, as he tried to jerk away from me. 

No matter what Von and I may go through I never wanted our kids to pick sides in the relationship. 

"Whatever me and mom have going on stays between us." Von said. 

"Don't talk to him like that" I said. 

"I'm talking to my son, Jasmine" This has nothing to do with you; he said. 

"That's why he thinks he has the power to jump bad at me because your'e always standing up for him." 

"So blaming me again?" I asked. 

"Guys, this isn't the place to be doing this" Nicki said. 

"Your'e barely every around, so somebody has to play both parts" August screamed out. 

I had never heard him speak this way before, and it made me nervous. 

"Drop it August" I mumbled to him. 

"Yeah, while I'm out here making this money trying to provide for your little ass." Von shot back. 

I don't know what's gotten into you son, but you need to fix your tone. 

"I'll fix it when you start remembering that you have a family to look after." August mumbled. 

Von took a step closer towards him as I stepped in the middle of them. 

"That's enough" I shouted at both of them. 

They both had the same look in their eyes. A look I knew all too well. 

"Man, whatever" I just came to drop this bag off. He pushed the bag towards my stomach as I let it fall to the ground. 

"We don't need it." I said. 

We started to have our face off, with no words being shared. Our mixed face expressions filled with anger and hurt was enough to fill the void. 

He finally gave in as he stuffed the bag onto the chart with the rest of our bags before walking away. 

Part of me wanted to reach out, but I understood we were well past that point. 

This time felt different.