CH-1: Close Encounter

Start from the beginning

"Jetray!" The manta-ray alien yelled

Jetray crouches low, and then took off into the air. He stopped several metres high and immediately shoots off forth to New York City, a sonic boom in his wake as he heads towards the East Coast.

'Guess I'm gonna get what I asked for...' Jetray thought to himself.

~*~*~

Eventually, in a matter of time, Jetray arrived over the concrete jungle of New York. As he arrived on the scene, he could see what looks like a huge green/blue swirling vortex portal up above the skyline of the city. The vortex looks like it's a Category 5 hurricane, but it wasn't causing any damage or destruction anywhere. Jetray looks down to see the populace of the city were being evacuated from the scene to be on the safe side, and Ben is lucky that they won't be in harm's way.

Jetray lands on the roof of the Chrysler Building, him looking at the vortex overhead. "Gwen? What exactly are we dealing with here?" He asked, tapping the Omnitrix dial to open communications.

"I'm not sure, Ben." Gwen replied on Comms. "The energy that's emanating from that vortex, it's unlike anything we've ever seen or experienced before."

"And it's definitely not related to the Null Void or even a warp gate of any kind either." Kevin added in next.

"Wait a second. Ben, I'm getting something." Gwen's voice spoke up. "The scanners are picking up a signal inside of that vortex. Whatever it is... it's strong. And it's coming in fast."

Jetray needed no further explanation. He immediately took to the air and flew off towards the vortex. As he got close, the electrical energy that's emanating from the portal forced him to pull back from the bolts of lightning all around the vortex. Jetray now looks on with curiosity and uncertainty, but as he does so, he narrows his eyes as he looks at the vortex. As he did, he could see the silhouette of something large heading right towards him!

"Oh, man!" Jetray's eyes glow green as he now shoots his neuroshock blasts at whatever this thing was, only for the blasts to be blocked by metallic armour?