𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓞𝓷𝓮: 𝓝𝓮𝔀 𝓗𝓸𝓶𝓮 (𝓐𝓷𝓭 𝓕𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓷𝓭𝓼?)

Start from the beginning

𝚂𝙽𝙰𝙿!

He jumped, looking at the owl who was still perched on the stump rather unbothered.

Suddenly, a loud vibrating sound rang through the air as someone leapt out of the bushes wearing a creepy rabbit mask welding a chainsaw. The boy screamed and swung around the dowsing rod in an attempt to keep the assailant at bay.

Fuzzy hands held his shoulders from behind, earning another scream and turned his head to see a boy his age with dark slick back hair and light blue eyes under dark sunglasses wearing a dark red jacket.

"Calm down pinky." The boy's calm voice spoke, making him gulp before a giggle brought his attention to his attacker.

"You're from Texas or Utah, someplace dried out and barren, right?" His attacker asked, their mask off, showing a girl his age with dark skin and brown eyes, her curly hair was tied up with a dark blue scrunchie that matched her raincoat and gloves holding his dowsing rod.

"I've heard of water witching before but it doesn't make sense, how can a stick lead you to water?" The girl asked, making Timmy huff and yank the rod from the girl.

"It's a dowsing rod! And I don't like being stalked. Not by psycho creeps or their birds!" Timmy yelled, the said owl flew onto the girl's shoulder.

"He ain't ours. He's a feral rescue, I think. He does tend to sleepover our place and groom us. And once attacked a creep who was following us." The boy with shades said sitting on the stump with a small smile at the owl being pet.

"Look, I'm from Pontiac." Timmy stated, making the two raise their eyebrows at him in confusion.

"Michigan. And if I'm a water witch then where's the old well?" Timmy questioned stomping his foot in frustration.

"Unless you want to fall in it, I'd advise you not to stomp too hard." The girl stated rather concerned, making Timmy look down before jumping out of the circle of mushrooms.

The boy with shades got off the tree stump and cleared away some of the mud in the circle. Beneath the layer of mud was a wooden door. When knocked on, an echo resonated below.

"You've heard the old legend too, right?" The girl asked, using a large branch to prop the old door open to scatter the rest of the dirt. "That the well helps you when in need?"

"Yeah?"

"Well, they also say it's so deep, that if you fall to the bottom and look up, you'll see a sky full of stars in the middle of the day." The boy with shades stated closing the door with a smirk.

"Huh."

The girl and boy looked down at the view of the condo building, the old purple, pink and blue colors having stood out from the bland and grey scenery.

"I'm surprised he let you move in. My dad, he owns the apartments and never rents to people with kids." The girl stated, the boy nodding his head in agreement.

"Why?"

"We're not supposed to talk about it. Name's Gary Manson."

"I'm Amara Antivenin." The girl said holding out her hand with a smile to Timmy.

"Gary? Amara?" Timmy questioned, taking Amara's hand to shake, wiping some of the mud that got on his hand on his raincoat.

"Short for Amarachi. Not my idea of course." Amara said with a shrug, before the owl flew over to Gary's outstretched arm.

"What'd you get saddled with?" Gary asked gently stroking the owl's feathers.

"I wasn't saddled with anything. It's Timmy."

"Tommy what?" Amara questioned while smiling at the owl.

"Timmy. Timmy Fairywinkle-Cosma."

"Huh. Not really a common name around here, but I hear a name like Tommy can lead people to have ordinary expectations about a person and it's more cool." Gary stated with a shrug.

"AMARACHI!" A voice called, a bell ringing in the distance.

"I think someone's calling you, Amarachi." Timmy said with a smirk.

"W-What? I didn't hear anything." Amarachi said pretending to look around.

"AMARACHI! GARRISON!" The voice yelled again, Amarachi snickering at Gary jumping at his full name being called.

"Oh I definitely heard someone, right Garrison?" Timmy questioned, his smirk now a teasing smile.

Amarachi picked her fake chainsaw from the ground.

"It was nice meeting you Tommy, but wear gloves the next time you're water witching." Amarachi stated before putting her mask on and waving before starting to go.

"Why?"

"Because that dowsing rod of yours is actually poison oak." Gary stated, patting Timmy's shoulder before he followed Amarachi who was walking ahead.

Timmy exclaimed and threw the stick down in disgust, wiping his hands on his coat.

The owl now on the tree stump stared at him before flying off to wherever it came from.

Timmy huffed before kneeling at the edge of the well. Seeing a small hole in the well's door, he picked a pebble and dropped it through, curiously pressing his ear to the door. He waited for a few seconds before an echoing splash was heard.

A raindrop splattered on his nose, taking that as his cue to head back to the house.

°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°
Got bored and decided to write a Fairly OddParents/Coraline AU book.

Amarachi is an OC of mine.