Chapter 6

Peter

I don't think the night could've gotten worse. But it did. I ran out of web fluid so I was left with jumping between buildings and crawling.

I didn't realize how much I took swinging for granted until now.

It was way past 12, and I was on my way home. I was too exhausted to start anything by the time I reached the fire escape and climbed into the living room. It felt like years since I've been here. It felt even longer since I've seen MJ actually herself. At that dinner, that was not my MJ.

I pulled my mask off but my Spidey instincts were going off the walls. Every creak or tick I heard. Finally, The lights turned on. Expecting MJ to come home, I look over by the doorway and see a ghost of my past.

"Hey Peter." She whispered. It was Gwen. Gwen Stacy, my soulmate, the girl that I couldn't resist. And damn, she was still beautiful. But why was she back? Didn't she stay in Europe?

"Gwen," I mumbled but my eyes drifted to Miles as he walked in through the door. "Miles? Wait, are you? No," I shook my head and stepped back. "No."

"It's okay," Miles raised his hand to calm me down. "I saved her."

I took a deep breath. I didn't know what to say. "Thank you." I said quietly, my eyes drifting back to Gwen.

"It's been four years, huh?" She smiled slightly. I nodded. Her eyes drifted to pictures of MJ and I on the wall and it faded. Hurt in her eyes appeared like they were lights gleaming in the darkness. "You two married?"

"No," I quickly replied. "Just dating. She's not here though."

Gwen nodded. "Cool, so...." She paused.

I shifted awkwardly on my feet. My face grew hot and I started to sweat. "So, you're back. For good or just for now."

"For good." She looked at her hands as she fiddled with them anxiously. "I got a job at Oscorp. You know, first in my class."

I smiled, feeling less awkward. "Oh, first in your class right?"

"Yeah, but I mean, it's also cool being second in your class as well." She chuckled. Her smile beaming as we both fell back into our old selves.

"It's good, you know, to see you again. Especially after we-"

"Ended on bad terms." Gwen's smile faded yet again. "I know, I blame myself for that everyday."

"No, we were just on different paths at the time." I shrugged, trying to bring back her smile that made my heart melt.

"Well, I was the one who left for abroad." Gwen shook her head. "I never meant for it to be permanent."

I took a deep breath and walked up to Gwen. Miles stepped to the side as I gently reached out and pulled Gwen into a hug. "It's okay, you're back now." I pulled away from the hug and looked back at Miles. "Thank you again."

"Nothing happened to her, just wanted to make sure she got home. I was just in the area at the perfect timing." Miles nodded.

"Yeah, I thought I called you but you must've changed numbers." Gwen added.

"Yeah," I sighed. "Rhino busted my phone a few months ago."

"Not moments I would like to recall though." Miles shivered. I remember the day he called me about sneaking around Rhino just to get antibiotics.

"Um," Gwen pointed to the door, "Even when I'm twenty-three, mom still has a curfew."

"I can take you home." I mention, pointing to the window. "If... If that's okay with you."

"That would be perfect." Gwen nodded.

Miles gave me a look of caution. I knew exactly what he meant with the look as well. I nodded, acknowledging him, and grabbed ahold of Gwen before jumping out the window.

She gasped a bit, holding tighter than what she used to do. I couldn't help but smile as she directed me towards her apartment. Of course, it was only a few blocks but I cut her time down into just a couple of minutes, if that.

We landed on the roof and I walked her to the door. She turned around and looked at me, smiling. "I'm really happy to see you again."

"Same here." I smiled in return.

She placed her hand on the door and paused. "I've been waiting years to see you again, hoping we could, you know, follow our dream. But, it seems your happy with MJ. I hope."

"I am," I nodded. "But she's not you."

Gwen blushed slightly at my remark. "You know, I never stopped loving you. I don't think I ever could if I wanted to. But I'm glad I haven't because, this may seem silly, but you're the one I still see in my future."

"Anything is possible." I reply. Guilt filled my heart. Remember, Peter, your with MJ. You live with MJ. You sleep with MJ.

"I know this is wrong of me to say this, and it's not like you asked but... I never dated anyone else after you. I couldn't do it." Gwen nodded. "But as long as your happy, healthy, and alive, then I am as happy as you are Peter."

I didn't know what to say. It took me a year to accept my feeling for MJ after Gwen left for Europe. But she back now, and I can feel the feelings grow for Gwen. As she walked inside, I realized that my feelings for Gwen never went away. They were just buried when I got with MJ.

"Oh damn you Peter," I mumbled to myself. "I'm in hot water now."

So, I'm in hot water myself! Stan Lee said himself in multiple interviews that Gwen Stacy was made in the image of Stan's wife. He wanted Peter Parker to feel the same way, the same love as he felt. Which is adorable! So I'm torn between MJ and Gwen because 1) MJ already has an established relationship with Peter from the first PS4 game and 2) I am a die hard Gwen Stacy fan because she was supposed to be Peter's one true love AND the quote from TASM 2...

"You're Spider-Man, and I love that, but I love Peter Parker more."

Stan Lee never intended for MJ to end up with Peter. Only reason she did was different comic book inventers, producers, co-wirters, change in comic books entirely, etc. Also, insomniac hinted at a possible Gwen Stacy introduction for game 2... Anyways, we'll see what my mind wants written down. Should I end MJ and Peter for Gwen and Peter, or keep Peter and Gwen friend and keep the MJ and Peter? There's so many outcomes swirling head. Who knows?!?! What do you guys think? Thoughts, comments, concerns?