𝟎𝟏𝟐. 𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍

Start from the beginning

Bill's eyes left Bailey's and looked at Beverly. "Look you don't have to come in with me. Look what happens if another Georgie goes missing?" He looked at Bails when mentioning Georgie. "Or another Betty? Or one of us?" He continued. "Are you just going to pretend it doesn't happen like everyone else in this town? I guess... I can't. I go home and, all I see is that Georgie isn't there. His clothes, his toys, his stupid stuffed animals but.. he isn't. So walking into this house, for me, it's easier than walking into my own."

And so it was for Bailey. That house was easier to walk into than her own.

Bill turned, taking the rest of the steps which led to the house, leaving Bailey on the first.

"Wow," Richie muttered.

"What?" Beverly looked at him.

"He didn't stutter once." He said, making his way to the door.

"Wait-" Stan shouted. "Shouldn't we have, some people to keep watch" He looked amongst the group uncomfortably. "Just in case something goes wrong.." He looked around again.

Bailey stepped down, walking to Stan. She put his arm around her and smiled at him. "It's okay Stan, don't be scared" She looked around, thinking of an idea. "We'll just pull straws to see who goes in" She reassured him, shrugging at her own idea.

Although she was still upset about Bill, that didn't stop her from helping her friends.

Once the straws were pulled, the losers with the longest straws were able to stay back, on watch. And the ones with the shortest would go inside. To Bailey's luck, those losers were herself, Eddie, Richie and Bill.

The four kids walked towards the door. Bill was at the front, and it was clear to Bailey that he didn't want anything to do with her anymore, so Bailey being in the back was a good idea.

As the door opened, it gave out a loud creek. The sunlight from outside illuminated the inside. The first two in were Richie and Bill.

From behind Bailey, she heard a slight "Stay safe Bails." From who she thought was Beverly. But she could've been wrong.

"Can't believe I pulled the short straw," Richie said. "You guys are lucky we're not measuring dicks."

"Shut up Richie," Eddie said. At this point, Eddie had learnt to instinctively tell Richie to shut up after he said anything. And most of the time his words needed to hear that.

The floor creaked under their breath as they looked around.

"I can smell that" Eddie gagged.

"Don't breathe through your mouth," Richie said.

"Why not"

"Because then you'll be eating it."

"That's not how it works Rich- wait- is that how it works?" Bailey questioned.

Eddie gagged again, opening his fanny pack to get an inhaler out.

Richie walked towards one of the windows which had a ball of leaves and cobwebs before it. Richie reached in, causing Bailey to quickly come next to him. Richie pulled out a missing poster.

A Richie Tozier missing poster.

Eddie and Bill suddenly came to the two once they noticed they weren't right where they left them.

"It says I'm missing." Richie's voice began going quiet.

"Y-You're not missing Rich." Bill stuttered.

"That's my shirt, that's my hair that's my face, that's my name that's my name!" He began panicking. They'd never seen him this scared before.

Bill began trying to take the paper off him but he fought back.