Aurora looked through the cabinets and the fridge noticing that she didn't have much but she had enough to put something together. When she cooked she never really balanced how much she actually made and ended up making enough food for an entire family.

After an hour she was almost done but her peace was interrupted when Damon entered the kitchen as he had smelled the food all the way to his room.

"Are you opening up a restaurant?" Damon questioned making the girl look up from the stove.

"No..." Aurora paused then looked to the counter where most of the food was already set up. "It is a lot though...might want to call people to come"

"And the living room? You're planning a yard sale?" He questioned some more confusion on what the girl had been up to.

"No, that's just..." Aurora paused again trying to explain.

"Hey I have no problem I'm just trying to understand" the man used a soothing tone trying to explain how he wasn't upset he was just confused.

"Well the things in the living room are just things that I don't want around anymore. they don't feel like me so I want to get rid of them "Aurora explained now that Damon had given her the confidence to. "Figured that everyone else could come and look through them I don't want to just throw them in the trash when I haven't even used half of them and the rest I could donate them"

Damon tried his best to hold back his smile. He knew if he did that would just discourage the girl when he just wanted to support but couldn't help but be happy how his sweet daughter was back. The kind girl he remembered was finally back.

"Yeah I can call them..." Damon assured.

"And they could also have breakfast. I did get carried away but I forgot how fun it was "Aurora spoke with such enthusiasm that made Damon even more happy.

"I got it in the meantime show me what you got" he walked over to the counter and sat down on one of the stools for the girl to explain the big platters she had set up so far.

"Well my favorite are chilaquiles it's basically a tortilla marinated in salsa with cheese and eggs, then I have molletes which is just bread with beans and cheese and I'm making scrambled eggs right now but with a whole bunch of other stuff I also have coffee and I might have to go to the store and buy some stuff to make pan dulce" Damon listened to Aurora closely knowing she was having a good time.

He didn't find it strange at this moment. He remembered the times when Ada would make him try her traditional foods and how passionate she was about them. It was no different than Aurora at this moment.

"Well pass me a plate I have to be the first to try it!" Damon cheered on and Aurora quickly did as told watching as he began to serve himself as she poured him some coffee.

Aurora waited for his reaction with an enthusiastic face and when she saw Damon's reaction she even got more excited.

"This is good Rory..." Damon said, trying to swallow the food in his mouth. "You know...I'd say it might be better than when your mom would cook"

"Really..." it might not mean anything to some but to aurora it did. She liked that she could have that similarity with her mother.

"Yes Rory this is amazing you should take a plate and eat too" Damon suggested and the girl quickly got finished with what she was doing then went to get herself a plate and began to serve herself some food.

After she got herself situated she went to sit down and begin to eat next to her dad who chose to make small talk.

"Would you like to know what's going on out there or are you still not ready?" Damon questioned wanting to make sure she wasn't completely being left out of the loop.