Menace of war looming over everyone here: food supply seemed scarce. People spoke in hushed tones, suspiciously eyeing strangers. Despite the tension, Atti was grateful for the roof over his head.

Near the castle, they encountered another caravan of men traveling to their training post. Their grim faces did not show any faith in the great mission. Atti recalled how hard life was without faith. And thanked his fortune for bringing the Sun Congregation into his life.

He had to grip the reins of his wagon tightly to keep him from falling off when they hit another pit on the road. His hands started trembling yesterday, and he suspected that the cold and the hardships of the travel in the early spring were taking a toll on his body. They had to pull out one or two carriages out of the mud every day. The rhythm of the horses' hooves thudded in his head, exacerbating headache.

Atti looked up and sighed with relief. The forest had ended. In front of him was a massive castle, the biggest he had ever seen.

When his dad trained him, he dreamed of working in a place like this. To have a wife, many children and the respect of a Lord for his talents. But Airic was a witch, and the local Lord did not want any of that under his roof. So they had to settle for villages and hamlets. And move; move a lot.

Castle walls towered over the convoy, casting a shadow that seemed to stretch on for miles. Moss was dripping from the stone, like a fringe of a tapestry. The castle's imposing gates loomed into view. Atti could hear the creaking of the hinges as they opened to welcome them.

As the caravan entered, he marveled at the grandeur of the interior yard. It was bustling with activity: people and animals moving about their business.

"Wait here."

Bruno told them as he jumped off the carriage. Atti leaned back in his seat, looking around.

To the right were horse stables, and a blacksmith's forge with a man hammering away at a piece of metal. The clanging of metal on metal, snorting of horses, and chatter of people filled the air with a constant buzz.

To his left was a well, with a line of people waiting to filling their buckets. Beyond the well was a small garden, with herbs and flowers planted in neat rows.

In the center of the courtyard was a large, open space where two people in expensive clothing were training with swords. Small cheering crowd gathered nearby. The sound of clashing metal filled the air.

It was tempting to stay and observe, but Atti's back was yearning for a soft bed and stomach for warm food.

"Stop gawking and get off your wagons," a low voice pulled him out of the daydreaming. A tall man that reminded Atti a little of his father with his broad shoulders and grey neat beard was standing in front of them. "Common, we have to unload these and settle you in the barracks before the dark."

"Where is Bruno?" Galahad asked.

"He is busy with the Lord. Now move your ass if you don't want to spend the night here."

Atti did not enjoy being spoken to in this tone. But he also did not want to spend the night in the yard, so he jumped off the wagon, and helped Airic to come down.

"My name is Finn Baas. I will be responsible for your group while you are in these walls. Noone is entitled to slack at the Breka Castle. You get up as the sun rises, get your food, and gather here in the yard for your morning training routine. Now, I heard you are praying every morning. And I do not care what you do, as long as you are here and ready to be trained when the sun is up..."

Man continued giving them instructions, as they unloaded the wagons, moved them to the backyard and unharnessed the horses. He herded men into the barracks on the right side of the yard, women on the left.