Chapter 9: Bittersweet

-Please read!-

I won't take up much of your time but I just want to thank every single one of you and I know you probably heard me say it a couple of times. But really, I'm just grateful.Also, this contains some excerpts from the comics and some parts are changed to my own liking. Long Chapter ahead. :)

The sheriff was motionless, only his slow heavy breathing was the exception. Here he is, sitting across the woman who is slightly intoxicated by a mild drink.Yet, it almost looked like she had no awareness on what she is talking about or perhaps, doing.

Taking advantage of her just like that would be amiss. Strange enough, Bigby retained a sense of chivalry towards her, only. Most importantly, he respects her.

"It's getting late, isn't it? I had a wonderful time. Perhaps, we should call it a night." Bigby suggested, hoping that she will abide since the consequences might be disagreeable in the future.

"No, we're not going anywhere Bigby!" Snow protested, making it difficult for him. He sat there contemplating on what he should do. Its like his heart and his mind are playing the tug of war. After weighing his thoughts, he decided to play along; since he doesn't want the night to end.

Hell, they barely have enough time to even talk, even if they do, it ends up to nowhere but quarrels and a cold silent treatment from her.

"Alright then, I just know what to entertain you" he simpered and stood up. He walked towards her and grabbed her wrist. "Bigby, where are we going?" She smiled and followed his lead.

The pair trotted to the door and walked through the huge crowd, making their way to the dance floor. They stood in the middle, looking at each other. "Will this one do?" He asked, beaming at her. "Mm-hmm, I used to dance back then." Snow replied proudly.

"There is one problem though, I don't...know how to dance" Bigby admitted, scratching the back of his neck, slightly embarrassed. He was never the one to do this kind of things.

Snow chuckled at him,"I assume you had never danced before. Here, give me your hand." Bigby obliged as Snow took his firm hand, placing it beside her waist and held his other hand. Their hands perfectly fitted, it almost looked like its meant for each other.

He swallowed nervously; nervous that he will dance clumsily and above all, he had never been this close to her; considering that a few centimeters were the only one separating them from each other.

"Now we are in our position, you have to start with your feet together, then step forward with your left foot and then step diagonally with your right foot and back to original position. That is the fundamental basic. We're gonna dance and create the image of a box on the floor." Snow instructed as they both begun to dance, awfully at first.

"Ouch!" Snow hissed in pain when Bigby accidentally stomped at her foot for the fifth time which is followed by an apologize from him. Luckily, Snow was patient enough to endure it. They both continued the dance until he slowly got the hang of it.

"Bigby, stop looking down. You look like you're trying to peek down my dress." Snow sassed.

"So? Why would you wear a neckline like that if you didn't want people to look" Bigby reasoned, smirking at her.

"Perhaps women wear low neck-lines to filter out the gentlemen from the dogs. Those who can still maintain eye contact, even in the presence of breasts like these, might actually have some potential." Snow purred, biting her lip.

"Woof." he smirked, as he turned her around. He was amazed how she moved and swayed rhythmically to the melody, like a note to the music sheet. She really is something.