Chapter 77

The backstage has become a mess.

The main system program of the arena suddenly failed, and all connected machines experienced data fluctuations, and the game was forced to suspend.

"This kind of thing has never happened before... We have fixed the fault to ensure that this kind of situation will not happen again," the staff looked guilty, "If the data here has been restored, the game can continue." "

This If there is such an unexpected situation, we can continue directly after repairing it?" Yang Han asked, "Our driver may need to rest, the data fluctuation just now is very serious, which may affect him." The staff looked a little embarrassed: "It is also possible to go to the simulation

cabin , but there may be a rematch." Seeing everyone staring at him, he explained, "Although the main system has been repaired, the archives of this game have been damaged. If you disconnect the simulation cabin and the map now, the data cannot be To recover, we can only replay."

The people in the research institute looked at each other, and their expressions were very bad.

"The main system has just been updated before the game. There may be some small bugs..." The staff couldn't continue, "But the game can continue. The other group in the same game has already passed the proposal to continue the game. The repair of the mech damage caused by the fault will not affect the operation of the pilots."

Everyone in the research institute was half-dead by the "little BUG", and Situ, who had been sitting on the chair with a dark face, finally said: "No, our pilot You must come down."

"Mr. Si, think again, the rematch may affect the schedule. And we have also asked other groups, and the instantaneous data fluctuation will not have much impact..." the staff said.

"It's different for white01!" Situ stood up and said sharply, "Our mechs and pilots are very special, Bai Li must take a rest! We may...may have to replace..." The word "substitute" in

Situ With it in his mouth, he couldn't say anything.

He is well aware of Bai Li's emphasis on the game, and also knows what replacing the substitute means to Bai Li.

Without waiting for the staff to ask again, the assistant who ended the communication over there whispered to Situ: "The substitute had an accident on the way here, and now he is here..."

Situ's expression turned from black to blue, and he cursed loudly.

Bai Li slowed down a bit.

He leaned back in the chair to breathe calmly, his legs still felt swollen and painful, but it was a little better, within a tolerable range.

The connection between the simulation cabin and the map was not disconnected, and a pause interface popped up on the virtual screen in the cockpit. Five minutes later, the soft voice of the system sounded: "I am very sorry, pilot, we apologize to you due to the failure of the main system program. Sorry for the impact, the fault has been repaired, and the data of each machine caused by the fault has also been restored."

It seems that there is a problem with the machine connected to the background and the simulation warehouse, which caused the data of white01 to change, which caused unnecessary harm to the body. burden.

Other parts of Baili felt okay, but the left leg was too fragile, even if there was only a momentary pressure, the pain was still unbearable.

Once again, he clearly realized that he was really unable to drive heavy armor.

"Due to the failure of the main system, the storage content is damaged. If you disconnect from the map, all data will be lost. We can provide you with a chance to rematch," the system continued, "You can also choose to continue this game, we The damage caused by the failure will be repaired for you. Both drivers can choose in the simulation cabin. If the two parties agree, they will be dealt with according to the opinions of both parties. Handle the match."

Rematch is not impossible, but I don't know what the next map will be like.

This map is not difficult for Bai Li, and he is quite familiar with it. If there is no sudden change, he is sure to win this round directly.

Bai Li rubbed his knees and smiled wryly, this is too fucking bad, he can catch up with major accidents in the main competition area.

A selection box pops up on the virtual screen in front of you for the driver to choose to continue or replay.

As soon as Bai Li sat up straight, the voice system on the helmet sounded a notification.

"You have to come down," said Situ's voice as soon as the connection was made, without any nonsense, "The fluctuations just now were too big, it's nothing to heavy armored pilots, but I can still count the impact on you. You come down first, Check it out."

"Don't worry," Bai Li comforted, "I'm fine, I'm fine."

Situ said, "Fart! I'm applying for a rematch now, so you should give up quickly, do you hear me?"

Bai Li followed him There was a little impatience in his voice, which was different from the usual Situ. Situ is a well-organized type of person. When he informs Baili of some new arrangements and changes, he will usually keep up with the results of the processing, but this time Situ just kept calling Baili to go to the mock warehouse.

"What happened?" Bai Li asked.

Situ said nothing.

"You didn't persuade me to replace the substitute this time," Bai Li said, "Didn't you keep urging me to replace the substitute to save the dog's life?" After a moment of silence on the other end,

Situ said dryly: "There was an accident on the elevated road. The car was rear-ended, it was serious, and the substitute was the core in the sandwich biscuit, and now it's taken to the hospital."

Bai Li thumped in his heart.

Normally, it's not their turn to come on the bench, but Bai Li and Situ have a bottom line in their hearts, knowing that if an accident really happened, there is still someone who can take over, and now this bottom line has been exposed by Bai Li.

This is such a coincidence that the coincidental Bai Li wanted to give Destiny a standing ovation.

"Don't worry, come out and take your time. We'll figure out how to deal with the rematch." Situ had already passed the period when his head was blank

. The background sound was very mixed, and the backstage is estimated to be chaotic enough, and the staff's conversations and the live broadcast of the competition in the sub-division can be heard.

Probably because the game was suspended, everyone was busy negotiating, and no one remembered to turn down the sound of the live broadcast. Bai Li heard the commentator of the sub-division area saying excitedly: "... 23 minutes and 48 seconds! The shortest race so far! Let us congratulate the driver Tang Kaiyuan for winning this race and breaking the time records of today's sub-divisions and the main competition!

" The performance of the LN23 model has been maximized," the narrator bragged, "I have to say that the LN23 mech does have the style of the 'fly swatter' back then. Many people think it is a kind of inheritance, and many people think that the Tang Dynasty It's a pity that Mr. Kaiyuan didn't really drive a 'fly swatter'. If he can really drive, maybe he won't be worse than that group of people back then..." "I believe that the LN23

model can sing all the way! Thanks also to Mr. Tang Kaiyuan Bring us such a wonderful game!"

Situ was still talking, but Bai Li's attention was focused on the sound of the live broadcast.

The commentators for the solicitation competition are all carefully selected. Although they each have their favorite models and drivers, the commentators during the competition are all relative.

The commentary in the live broadcast took quite a while on Tang Kaiyuan. Bai Li immediately remembered that almost every time in the original book, he would use a few hundred words to describe Tang Kaiyuan's awesomeness.

Bai Li has no doubt that he may become the foil in these hundreds of words.

Maybe it's because the plot has deviated too much from the main line during this period, from several supporting roles to the background board characters have changed, which makes the world consciousness feel threatened, and it has been interfering with Baili in a rather disgusting way.

The matter of Lin Sheng was discovered at noon. If the matter is allowed to escalate, it will definitely affect the first heir and the Tang Corporation, and the protagonist Tang Kaiyuan will inevitably be affected.

The competition did not eliminate Bai Li, and the appearance of white01 also put Bai Li's body in a stable state. If it continues, Bai Li feels that he will have a good chance of winning against Shang Tang Kaiyuan.

"Fate" is also quite clear about this point, it finally couldn't take it anymore, and desperately wanted Bai Li to get out of the way.

He even didn't hesitate to create this kind of accident in full view, get rid of the substitute, and cut off the way out of Bai's Research Institute.

At that moment, Bai Li felt that he was being held by an invisible giant hand, and he didn't even want to give him room to struggle.

Sitting in the driver's seat, Bai Li felt suffocated like never before.

As if someone had pushed his head into the water, the pain of not being able to breathe was tormenting his nerves along with the pain in his body.

In this feeling of being pressed into the sewage, an unprecedented anger slowly rose up in him.

Why should I be the one to make way?

"Did you hear what I said?" Situ said earnestly, "Just listen to my advice, Bai Li, Boss Bai? Major General Bai?" "

Continue." Bai Li said.

Situ was stunned.

"Continue to compete." Bai Li repeated, and he whispered every word, "I won't back down this time."

He has backed down too many times and obeyed for many years.

Bai Li realized that he had been pushed to a limit, and there was only one dead end besides rebounding.

Situ didn't understand the second half of the sentence, but he understood the first half: "Why the hell can't you understand human speech?! You come down first, and if you check everything is fine, you can have a rematch. If it doesn't work, I can find a substitute ——"

"You know in your heart that you won't be able to find a substitute in a short time," Bai Li smiled, "You just want to coax me out of the simulation warehouse."

Situ was speechless.

"This time, the opponent's level is average, and the map is relatively simple for me. If I change another map, I may not have this advantage." Bai Li didn't give Situ any time to scold him, and said quickly, "My legs are fine, without you Think seriously, as long as you hit fast enough, there will be no problem at all."

Situ didn't speak for a few seconds, and then said after a long while: "Bai Li, is it better?" "

I've come here," Bai Li said, "You just let me I'll finish."

He was a little clearer than Situ, there was no substitute, no way out, the moment he stepped off the simulation warehouse, it was doomed that the next map would be more difficult to play.

If fate wants him to give way, it will cut off all his choices.

The passage left for him is very narrow, but he must at least be reckless.

After a while, Situ whispered: "You have to trust Major General Bai, right?"

Bai Li smiled: "You have to trust Major General Bai."

He raised his hand and clicked on the bullet frame on the virtual screen.

The system tone sounded immediately: "Both sides agree, the game will continue in three minutes, and the damage caused by the malfunction will be repaired for you. The voice will end soon."

It seems that the first half of the game made the opposite heavy-armored driver quite inflated. He felt that he could take the white calendar in this one, and was reluctant to abandon this relatively simple map for the heavy-armored, so he chose to continue the game.

Situ's last hope was shattered, he hurriedly shouted before the voice was completely cut off: "Don't force it!" The

communication was hung up, and Bai Licai punched the armrest of the seat.

He had been pressing the fire just now, and now his whole body was close to exploding.

"But play hard with me, right?" He growled, "It's endless, right?" The

three-minute countdown on the virtual screen had already started, and Bai Li rubbed his knee for the last time.

Anger almost overwhelms the pain, Bai Li has only one thing on his mind now.

He put his hands on the manipulator again, and squeezed out a few words between his teeth: "I will accompany you to the end." There

was an unexpected accident in the main competition area, and the audience was full of discussions.

Bai Li's misfortune has almost become a habit. With the inexplicable refresh point and this incident, a large number of posts appeared on the forum very quickly. Some people who are proficient in mechas are popularizing science on what is wrong with the map. He also said that it was really bad luck to encounter such a thing.

The scene of the white01 model being photographed on a small ship after the explosion was too shocking. There seemed to be a problem with Bai Li, and he didn't leave the wreckage of the ship immediately.

Many people suspected that it was because the explosive air wave overturned the mech and put too much pressure on the driver's body, so that Bai Li's old injury recurred.

Just when someone gloated and said, "It's probably going to be a rematch", there was the sound of metal crashing on the main stage.

"Welcome to continue watching the solicitation competition! We apologize for the accident just now, all faults have been repaired, and the race team has also completed coordination with the drivers—" the commentator's high voice sounded, "—the competition continues!" The audience

cheered .

Lu Zhao's hands were clenched into fists. He didn't know what happened, but his intuition told him that Bai Li was in trouble. Otherwise, with Bai Li's strength, it would be impossible for him to stagnate for such a long time.

On the holographic projection, the two mechas reappeared. The narrator explained that the damage caused by the system problem had been repaired, and the damage caused by the heavy mecha's violent bombardment to Bai Li when it failed was considered invalid.

Even so, the smoke and dust caused by the bombing did not disappear, and the body of the White01 model was hidden in the depths of the small ship, covered by the splashing wreckage.

"Is he..." Jiang Hao hesitated, "Legs..."

Lu Zhao forced himself to sit back in his seat. He couldn't see white01, nor could he see Bai Li.

Everyone was waiting, but the dark blue mecha did not appear.

The heavily armored pilot lost his patience after waiting for a few seconds, and circled around. Although the small ship was small, it was enough to cover the fuselage of the white01 model. He couldn't see clearly what was going on inside, but the system did not If a timeout is proposed, it proves that the connection should still be normal, and Bai Li has indeed entered the game.

The other party finally couldn't bear it anymore, raised the muzzle of the cannon and aimed the most violent bombardment in the direction Bai Li went in.

In the cockpit, Bai Li's spirit was highly concentrated, and he slid down almost at the moment the detector sounded, and the entire fuselage was drawn along a gun hole on the ship, rushing out of smoke and ruins.

The dark blue mech pierced through the scattered fragments, sprinted at a speed that the eyes could not follow, and brushed past the light cannon at a very small distance. The light cannon sank the ship behind him, while white01's ion cannon shot at close range. It hit the arm of the heavy armor carrying the light cannon.

Flames splashed!

"It's white01!" the narrator yelled, "Bai Li has been waiting for the opponent's short gap! He wants to abolish the weapon with the most lethality in heavy armor—successful! The ion cannon accurately hits the arm connected to the fuselage. Place!"

The dark blue streak across the field almost caught everyone's eyes, it was too fast, faster than they had expected before.

Bai Li's eardrums could only hear the sound of blood flowing.

Anger broke out after being suppressed for a long time, and he found that he didn't want to endure it any longer.

He didn't want to give way, and he didn't want to accept his fate. If he gave up this game today, he would give up the chance to return to the military tomorrow. What about the day after tomorrow? What about the day after tomorrow?

What about Lu Zhao?

He is not back.

One cannot stop when one feels pain.

The heavy armor was obviously in disarray, and he immediately counterattacked after he crippled an arm. The small muzzle mounted on the top of the cockpit was pushed out and directly blasted at Bai Li's cockpit.

Bai Li didn't have time to turn around, and only used the ion cannon's backward force to change the forward angle, but the opponent's shell still pierced through the top of the cockpit.

Lu Zhao held his breath.

"Seriously damaged," the commentator felt a little regretful. "This should be Bai Li's most serious damage since the first match. Should he choose to hide temporarily—he didn't slow down his forward speed!"

To everyone's surprise, after enduring an attack, white01 seemed to have exhausted all its strength, and its performance reached its limit.

The other driver did not expect that his attack did not shake Bai Li in the slightest. Before a new round of attack started, he was pierced through the cockpit in the next second.

Bai Li could almost hear the sound of the light knife piercing the cockpit, as if he had poked a hole in the world.

Fuck your mother's plot, the road is facing the sky, and I want to go all the way to the end!

He was full of anger and finally found a vent, like a wolf biting the throat of its prey, and had to tear a hole before giving up.

The light knife cut across and directly split the cockpit.

"This, this..." The commentator stammered several times before smoothing his tongue, "This is simply gambling, and Bai Li won the bet—" A blue

light flashed on the projection.

The winning party, white01, the driver, Bai Li.

Immediately afterwards, the battle time and other data were refreshed one by one, and the commentator excitedly said: "21 minutes and 51 seconds! Pilot Bai Li broke the record for the shortest battle time in all competition areas today-under such a huge change in the game, It still breaks the record!"

After a few seconds of recovery, the audience burst into applause.

The twenty-three minutes and forty-eight seconds of Tang Kaiyuan seemed to have never existed before, and people only remembered the first strong man.

"Then what, I thought the game before the timeout was halfway through," Han Miao opened his mouth, "I didn't expect it to come to an end so soon, I'm not ready yet!"

Amidst the cheers, Bai Li walked out of the simulation cabin without taking off his helmet, but just gave a thumbs up to the auditorium, and walked slowly towards the backstage without waiting for his opponent's simulation cabin.

"This arrogance..." Chen Nan was about to laugh when she saw Lu Zhao standing up abruptly and about to go out, and shouted in a daze, "It's just over and there's no rush, slow down—" Lu Zhao pushed aside the cheering

crowd and went out run wildly.

Bai Li's walking posture is wrong, he can see it.

This is the first time since Baili's susceptible period, Baili can't hide the burden of walking on his left leg.

"I'm simply the Little Mermaid." Bai Li said this line the first time he saw Situ.

Situ had tears in his eyes, and the hand that was stretched out for a hug froze: "Ah?"

"Forget that you don't know the Little Mermaid," Bai Li sighed, "There are no fairy tales in the empire." "

Then can you bother to follow me?" Let me speak humanly." Situ asked.

"To put it simply," Bai Li said, "Hurry up and bring me a chair!"

The researchers in the background recovered from witnessing the heroic appearance of the boss, and they were in a mess, moving chairs, water, and nutrient solution.

"Take off the helmet quickly, let's see the expression of the big brother..." Situ was not moved by Bai Li at all, and was about to tease a few words, but he was stunned the moment he saw Bai Li take off the helmet Living.

Bai Li's bangs were already drenched in cold sweat, his face was pale, his lips were bloodless, and only his eyes were shining with the light like the tip of a knife.

"Twenty-one minutes and fifty seconds." Bai Li threw the helmet to the person beside him, and laughed wildly after a few seconds.

Fate asked him to give way, and he slapped Ya when he jumped up.

It's so cool.

It feels like nothing else.

Situ was dumbfounded by Bai Li's laughter. The assistant in charge of the massage exerted a little force on his hand, and Bai Li's maniacal laughter instantly turned into a gasping hiss.

"I knew it!" Situ looked at the cold sweat on Bai Li's forehead and said angrily, "You kid is talking nonsense when you say that your legs are fine!"

Bai Li gritted his teeth and asked his assistant to soothe him, and smiled stiffly: "It's okay, If it weren't for white01, my leg would have to be..."

"Shut up!" Situ shouted with red eyes, "I should have been forced to retire at that time, you are a lunatic, I am infatuated to make you crazy, tomorrow's I'll find someone else for the game, and I'll let Si understand to beat me, but I won't let you beat me!"

Turning around, he shouted at a researcher behind him: "Call the emergency doctor from the main arena, and give this lunatic an analgesic! Shut the car, contact the army. Hospital!"

Researchers, you look at me and I look at you.

We all know that Bai Li has old injuries, but usually we can't see it at all. Even if he needs massage for pain relief, it doesn't feel as serious as the rumors say. This was the first time they saw Bai Li like this.

"Don't shout," Bai Li said helplessly, frowning and taking a small breath, "It's not that serious. Let the competition team find out and think it's white01." Situ wanted to

strangle Bai Li to death, he finally understood why Bai Li Choose that style of play.

I'm afraid I won't be able to hold on any longer.

For many drivers, the momentary data fluctuation may not have much impact, but it is quite fatal for white01 and Baili.

"You have to see Old Zheng," Situ said with bitterness, "otherwise you can't continue the game."

Bai Li has a big head, and Old Zheng wishes he could sit in a wheelchair 24 hours a day except for sleeping: "Let me tell you, I It's really okay..."

Halfway through the words, there was a noise outside the door.

"Sir, please wait in the corridor outside the door during the competition."

"This is the lounge for the pilots and researchers, you are not allowed to go in."

"Sir, you really can't go inside..."

A series of staff members The echo of persuasion came, but no one answered.

With a bang, the half-closed door was pulled open, and Lu Zhao appeared at the door, followed by a staff member with an eager expression.

Bai Li's words stuck in his throat, and he stared at Lu Zhao in a daze.

Major General Lu may have been running in a hurry, panting slightly, he glanced over Bai Li from head to toe with his eyes.

"Why do you..." Bai Li subconsciously wanted to stand up, but the assistant who gave him a massage didn't react, and his hands were not strong enough, Bai Li let out a "hiss", and fell back on the chair.

Over there, Situ had already walked over to negotiate with the staff. Lu Zhao stepped over in two or three steps and looked at Bai Li's legs.

Bai Li hurriedly said, "It's okay, it's fine."

Lu Zhao glanced at Bai Li.

The emotion in this look made Bai Li's heart tremble.

"It hurts a little, take it slowly." Bai Li smiled.

Lu Zhao's lips moved: "Rest."

"Ah, rest for sure, I'm not ready to go home now," Bai Li said, "I'll go back and sleep..."

He didn't expect that Lu Zhao would go directly to the backstage, his mind was empty, and he couldn't think of anything to reassure Lu Zhao.

Lu Zhao shook his head: "We need treatment."

Bai Li followed suit: "Treatment, sure treatment, I will look for it in a while." "You

have to go to the military hospital to find Lao Zheng," Situ said to the staff, who reluctantly allowed Lu Zhao to come in Staying here for a while, Situ closed the door before clearing his throat, holding back the little water in his eyes, "I'm not joking with you, white01 hasn't reached the point where it can completely reduce the burden on the human body, if you continue like this, I will I will regret agreeing to you to make this mech at the beginning."

Bai Li was completely silent.

He has known Situ for so long, and he dares to say anything when they are fighting, but this may be the most important sentence Situ has ever said.

This heavy sentence also leaked a message to Lu Zhao, Bai Li really stimulated the old wound this time.

Lu Zhao closed his eyes. The moment he entered the door, he wanted to say something like Situ, but he couldn't say it.

No one knows his own situation better than Bai Li, and no one can share it for him.

Many things can only be endured by Bai Li himself, and all Lu Zhao can do is not to put any pressure on him.

The unspeakable words felt tight in his chest for a while, Lu Zhao pinched Bai Li's shoulders, and when he spoke again, he only said, "Let's go." I don't know what happened, Situ's long speech did not disturb Bai Li

, but Lu Zhao's "Let's go" was like poking Bai Li, making him flatten like a deflated ball.

I seem to be tired. Bai Li thought, I have to rest.

He sighed, feeling a little embarrassed, not because of the ugly scar on his leg, but because everyone around him felt uneasy and worried because of him.

"It hurts?" Lu Zhao asked in a low voice when he heard him sigh.

"No." Seeing Lu Zhao's unbelieving expression, Bai Li joked with a smile, "Then you carry me on the car, and I don't have to walk." As soon as he finished speaking, he saw Lu Zhao was about to

go squat down.

"I'll just say it!" Bai Li hurriedly stopped him, "You don't need to be carried behind you!"

The movement was a bit loud, and the assistant next to him laughed.

Lu Zhao didn't say a word, was silent for two seconds, then bent down and pulled Bai Li's arm onto his shoulder.

Before Bai Li came back to his senses, he put his arms around his waist and directly lifted him up.

Young Master Bai's mind went blank.

No one spoke, Bai Li glanced at Situ from the corner of his eye, and he was dumbfounded.

This should be a violent blow to the mind of Teacher A, which directly collapsed him.

Bai Li came back to his senses, Lu Zhao was not much different in height from him, being hugged like this, the two of them stuck tightly together.

"Fuck," Bai Li felt his ears start to burn, "slow down, fuck, I have to take my time." The

arms around his waist were too strong, supporting his whole body.

"Lean on me," Lu Zhao whispered, "I'll support you."

Bai Li's heart softened slowly.

This posture affected Meng A's image a lot, but Bai Li still put his weight on Lu Zhao. He didn't say that he could still walk, but he found that it felt good to be supported.

"Let's go," Bai Li said, "on the way, I will carefully brag to you about how awesome I am today."