DISCLAIMERS BEFORE READING!!!

Before the story begins, I want to address a few things beforehand. Seven is important to know, so please read every note in this. Trust me, it's not worth what you all suffer through. With that out of the way, here are the disclaimers:

ONE - I do not own the original story, the musical, or any of the characters in this story. Every Danganronpa character is owned by Spike Chunsoft and Kazutaka Kodaka, and the two storylines are by Robert Louis Stevenson (book) and Frank Wildhorn (musical).

TWO - This story is based off of Frank Wildhorn's Jekyll and Hyde: The Musical, as well as the original novel the musical is based on, The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson. This is in no way an original story, it's just a re-imagining of the book and the musical with characters from the Danganronpa franchise.

THREE - Every character in this AU is either sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, or nineteen, with the exception of Yasuhiro, who will remain twenty-one (it makes sense if you've played Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc.). This has to be said because of the confusing ages that people sometimes get muddled up, and the whole confuddle of THH Chapter 6, and because it's Danganronpa. Keep in mind it's an alternate universe, and not all of the ages I assign to the characters in this are canon. I am fully aware of the canon ages (e.g: Class 77 are all 22 years old in canon.)

FOUR - Dr. Naegi and Mr. Komaeda is a Danganronpa Non-Despair AU, that takes place directly after the prologue of Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc. Any continuity error is considered part of this AU. Just a brief preface to avoid confusion.

FIVE - Every opinion used in this work (e.g: headcanons, opinions on characters, and hell, even ships (e.g: Makoto x Hajime, Makoto x Kyoko, Mondo x Taka, Sayaka x Leon and Kyoko x Mahiru (don't ask 😅) are mine, and mine only. These aren't facts. So if you bitch about it in the comments without reading this disclaimer, I will laugh mercilessly at your stupidity. (But then again, this is the Danganronpa fandom, so for all I know, this probably flew over a lot of people's heads.) Don't do that, just read something else, I won't mind.

SIX - The Izuru of this AU will be different compared to Canon Izuru, half because since the events of SDR2, UDG and The End Of Hope's Peak Academy don't happen, Hajime doesn't volunteer for The Kamukura Project, and mostly because I personally don't like Canon Izuru that much, and his personality doesn't really match with the theme of the story. So, if the Izuru in this book seems incredibly out of character, know it's for a reason, and I hope you understand.

SEVEN - The description of the story states this, but just to re-iterate: This story contains heavy swearing, action violence, blood, body horror, sexual themes, depictions of sexual harassment, mental illness and trauma. I will try to put in a trigger warning for chapters that contain these themes. Should I forget any, (kindly) let me know, and I can immediately include it in the warnings.

EIGHT - This is a non-despair AU. I am not intentionally leaving out the tragedy. I just feel like that would just get in the way of the story, especially this kind of story I want to tell. Keep that in mind! (Also a note that Jin Kirigiri is alive in this AU. Simply because I want him to be. Look, Jin deserved better in my opinion, okay?!)

With all of that out of the way, please, get comfortable, and enjoy reading Dr. Naegi and Mr. Komaeda!