"I..." You tried to think of an excuse to avoid interacting with your neighbor. "I have to use the restroom; could you please take care of the counter for me?" You managed to come up with an excuse before rushing to the restroom that was at the end of the hallway of the shop.

Dabi was quite surprised when he entered the bakery to see that you were nowhere to be found. He could have sworn that he saw you standing right behind the counter when he was parking. However, as he scanned the shop, you were nowhere in sight, which caused his chest to tighten.

Are you avoiding me now? Dabi asked himself as his brows furrowed.

"Can I help you?" The only woman in the bakery asked when she noticed how stiff and tensed her customer was.

"No, sorry for the trouble," Dabi said, as his mind was filled with even more questions that he must answer or he will go insane.

At that moment, Dabi decided that he was going to get an answer from you, whether you liked it or not. One way or another, he was going to get an answer. Even though he didn't want to do this, you were making it difficult for him not to.

With that, Dabi left the bakery with a frown as he made his way to work.

Dabi wasn't in the mood to bother, so he made sure his attitude was displayed as soon as he walked inside the building. Scowling all the way through the crowd of coworkers and subordinates, he made sure everyone knew he was upset. However, that was nothing new, as his coworkers thought he had finally gone back to being normal.

After a few weeks of Dabi's constant good mood, his coworkers and subordinates truly believed that something was wrong with him. The reason was that he was always in a bad mood and was always taunting those around him. However, that changed a few weeks ago, and coincidentally, it was when he moved.

Regardless of what happened to Dabi, his coworkers and subordinates were glad that he was back to normal, or so they thought.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

It was around seven in the evening when you were making your way home, as the bakery was able to sell out faster than expected today. The breeze was indeed what you needed after a long day at work. It was soothing and calming as the sun began setting, coloring the sky in hues of pink and orange.

RING RING

You took out your phone from your bag as you walked down the streets of Yokohama. Looking at the caller ID, a slight smile appeared on your face.

"I haven't heard from you in a while; I thought you were a goner," you teased as soon as you answered the call.

"I haven't talked to you in a while, and the first thing you said was that? I'm hurt."

"I was just joking," you said, chuckling a little.

"Anyway, guess who is back in Japan."

"Welcome back, Kiego." You didn't have to guess to know that he was coming back to Japan. It was no surprise, as he already told you a few months ago but probably forgot about it, which was why he made the call.

"How did you know?" His surprised voice made you giggle as you shook your head.

"A guess?"

After a while, the call was done, and you were now in the apartment complex as you hummed to some of your favorite songs. Making your way up the elevator to the floor your apartment was on, you didn't think much of anything.

DING

The elevator door pulled open, and at the end of the hallway where your apartment sat, you saw a familiar figure leaning against the door right across from yours.