Spider Silk and Jasmine

Beginne am Anfang

''Don't fuck with me! If you want to be killed so badly i'll do it! This is your last chance to tell me the real path that'll get me out of here!''

''I'm no liar.'' A man emerged from the darkness of the house's interior. ''But if you want to call me that, I don't mind. There is only one correct path... If you want to get out of here you must kill me.''

You didn't understand anything. Absolutely nothing. But seeing Gyro and Johnny there made you sure that something completely absurd was coming. The man who lived in the house was tall, striking, and impassive. He had snow-white hair and a beard. His eyes, from this distance, were a color that was difficult to discern. In his holster, a huge revolver flashed.

The unfriendly atmosphere made you fight panic, forcing yourself to listen carefully, and understand everything about the situation. By all indications, a duel was about to begin. You watched the man demand that Gaucho takes five steps forward. What was the protocol for a duel? You questioned yourself because you had never watched one like this. The guns' silvery glow rose, and amid shouts and curses, two shots were fired from both sides. Gyro, Johnny, and Hot Pants looked as intrigued as you were, but the only thing on your mind right now was the words of the man in the house.

To find the way, it would be necessary to kill him. You obviously wanted to get out of there as quickly as possible, but you weren't willing to face anyone, especially after seeing Gaucho choke on his blood, feeling the despair of imminent death.

The three runners argued among themselves, and you froze behind the eucalyptus trees. You didn't dare move. Intense fear settled in the pit of your stomach, a painful dread that underlay the sharp ache of grief. Gaucho would not survive and the others didn't seem very interested in dueling with the winner. For God's sake, you naturally couldn't land a single shot on anything as big as a house, even with your Stand ability, the nervousness of being in a duel was much different than shooting an unarmed person.

''Come on, Johnny, we can't stay here forever! Let's get out of here!'' Gyro said.

Without realizing it, they rode towards you, leaving Hot Pants behind. You instinctively shrank back into the bushes and took a deep breath. Preventing them from noticing your presence was more about shame than fear.

''Who's there? Get out now!'' To your surprise, a voice came from behind you and it was impossible to avoid a short cry of fright.

You jumped out of the bush when you recognized Hot Pants.

''Whoa! Hot Pants, it's just me!'' You said with a placating gesture with your hands.

''You... What are you doing here?''

''I got lost, just like you. I saw everything.''

''Where's your wagon?''

''Not far. I heard Gyro shout and came to see what was going on.''

''How much time you are here?''

''I don't know... maybe two or three hours? Who is that guy who killed Gaucho?

He was silent for a few seconds. His serious, impassive expression was stronger now, with an air that was still military. The pink locks swayed gently in the wind and the gold accents on his outfit gleamed in the grainy sunlight, which also illuminated the long, straight line of his nose and the soft curve of his pink-tinted lip. The shadows on the jaw and forehead give him an austere look. He nudged his horse and walked it back to the main road.

''Stay away from that house, it could be dangerous.'' He looked at Gyro and Johnny just ahead, they didn't seem to have noticed your presence. ''If you want, you can stay hidden or accompany me, but stay away from that man.'