Difficult.

Setting: Four and X talk about the passed two weeks and boundaries.

authors note. I left this fic for like over a year so my writing and grammar has improved.

X's P.O.V

I rush Two out my front gate. A week. It gave me something to think, no, dwell on. I wave Two a good bye and close my gate, stumbling to my door, trying not to trip up the stairs. I close my front door and lean on it the second I get in my home, something I'm all too familiar with. I slide down with my head between my knees and my arms cradling myself. I hiccup and sigh, tears now welling in the corners of my eyes "What am I going to do when they leave?" I wipe away a tear. "Did I think they were going to be permanent? Why did I get so attached so quick." I slump to my side and put my hands to my eyes. I start to think, 'Maybe I should talk to Four over some macaroni. I have a lot to say to them.' I begrudgingly get up and slowly get into bed.

Nine's P.O.V.

I don't want to tell the others how worried I am, for everybody. I've thought so hard on how this is going to end and every good outcome is unrealistic. 'This' won't end well. X comes through door. "Hey Four.." they said smiling at him but not a happy smile, a sad but fond smile, "Oh and hey Nine, hey Two!" they said a bit more chipper, "So, where's this macaroni salad I've heard about?" they say peering into the kitchen and walking in. "It's right over here, dude!" I said fronting optimistic, I get up to grab them a plate, but Two's already on it so I just use the plate for myself. Two seems too upset, but I feel bad for them, this whole thing has been negatively affecting them. I know they don't hate X but they are kind of the problem, or the cause of it. But. I also feel bad because I feel like X is aware of that, maybe that's why they've been so distant.

3rd P.O.V.

x grabbed the plate and served themselves a small amount, and sat themselves next to Nine. Four sat across from them soon after, enjoying their meals in silence. Two decided to have theirs in their room. Nine made some excuse to go talk to them about the food, leaving Four and X to themselves. "So..." X started after putting down their fork, looking up at Four "How have you been?..." they say almost in a concerned tone. Four swallow their food "As good as you can get in a situation like this." they joked, shrugging. X just scoffed at the responce then added on "Speaking of... Do you- Are you uncomfortable?" unsure of how to word their actual concern, Four gained a little nervous "Are you?" they said slowly setting down their fork, "W-" X started but had been accidentally interrupted "I-I'm not, but I understand if you are." Four added quickly throughing their hands up in defence, faint arguing could start to be heard in the back, but X chose to ignore it "W-Well...I am not uncomfortable, but I'm not necessarily comfortable.." they wince as the words leave their mouth, looking at Four worriedly as they continued "It's just a difficult situation,it's a little much, b-but that doesn't mean it's a bad thing, I love-..." X paused their rambling, reevaluating their choice of words "I like spending time with you, I do. I'm just in over my head, really." X stuttered, summarizing. Feeling the need to over explain themselves, force of old habit at this point. Four just hummed in response, the arguing getting nearly audible through the walls, before Four could speak up a door was heard slamming, Nine huffed out the door and headed to the front door, quickly changing tone in voice as they turned the corner "Hope your enjoying the food X!" They said unsettlingly chipper although still stomping and huffing, and again slamming the front door as they walked out, Four rolled their eyes quickly apologizing before adding on to the previous conversation, "sorry about that... Anyways, I understand why you feel that way, totally justifiable. In a sense I feel the same way, but not as intense as your situation I mean, yours takes the cake, I feel bad for you-" X interrupted them, staring blankly "I don't need pity." they blurted out a little absent-mindedly, yet still standing by what they said "R-Right, not pity." Four corrected themselves and moved on, a little embarrassed "Well what should we do then? Do you want me to Leave you alone orr..." Four dragged out the last few words, waving their hand in a continuous gesture, X ate another bite of the salad before responding "No, No, I need a good distraction right now-" Now Four interrupted "So I'm just a rebound?.." they said setting their fork down and leaned back in their chair, interested in X's next responce "No! Stop twisting my words..." X responded a little annoyed "Well Technically, your situation IS a rebound" A British accent cut through, Two leaning against the wall hall behind Four, appearing out of nowhere. X suddenly felt a little interrogated " Well their not just a rebound." X said defensively towards Two's sudden intrusion, Two just rolled their eyes "Then what are they?" Two fired a look, crossing their arms. Four looked uncomfortable to have them have this kind of conversation about them infront of them, looking back in forth between X and Two. X's brows knitted together "That's what we're discussing!" They threw a hand in the air to make a point, but Two just scoffed "Just leave us to talk about this, okay?" X said sitting down, picking up their fork again. Two just threw their hands in the air defensively in defeat "Fine, fine.. I'm going after Nine." they said walking to the front door, X just sighed and looked at Four who said nothing... for a moment. "So..." they said looking away, a bead of cold sweat on their 'forehead' "What.. Am I to you?" X huffed, taking in the heavy question "I honestly don't know.. A situationship at best..." they shrugged "I can hardly call you anything more.." X added on as Four looked down, avoiding eye contact. "I understand..." Four slightly whispered, a little disappointed at how true it really was, "I mean, we've only known each other what... two weeks now? We haven't done much to establish a relationship..." they sigh, "Not implying you have to." they quickly added "I understand you need a moment to digest everything, You just got out of a relationship." Four added on, gently placing a hand over X's, which made them wince "Your too understanding..." they complimented as they blushed, setting down the fork and covering their mouth as they look away, Fours grip on their hand lightly tightened as they themselves blushed and looked off in the other direction. "You're making this more difficult..." X said into their hand, meaning no harm. Yet Four's grip loosened as they let go, softly tucking their hand close to themselves "Sorry.." They apologized embarrased, X looked at them with sympathetic eyes, then looking at their half eaten plate. "L-Look I got to go.." they stood up, grabbing their plate and setting it near the sink "The food was good, tell Two and Nine I said thank you... We'll talk more later. You know where I live, you're welcome anytime.." they headed to the door, grabbing the know as they awaited a response before leaving "O-Oh yeah! I get it, I'll let you leave, I'll visit you soon!" Four said a little more cheery at the change in topic, of course a little sad at X leaving, quickly gesturing a big thumbs up at them before they left, gently closing the door behind them.

3rd P.O.V Four Centered

Four's smile fading once the door shut, waiting couple seconds before scooting the plate aside and slumping their head on the table, groaning. "Ughh... Four you idiot.." they whispered to themselves, embarrassed of how they acted, and the conversation, and how they just let Two talk to them like that, and how X was probably soo uncomfortable, and and and... Four just sat there and let their mind wandered the dark and weary trail that is insecurity. They pondered too much about this next week, and what would happen after they left back for LA, leaving X here dazed and confused. Four pondered false situations that could turn the tour upside down, inevitably creating false hope in a situation that could never work, in theory anyway, well it worked in their theory, but sane theory, it was stupid. there's no way an idea like that could work, right?... ugh, they needed a drink. Assuming Nine and Two didn't take the car Four got up to go to the nearest bar and quick. Luckily, peering put the window, there was the car, no X, no Two, and no Nine. Four excitedly put the plates in the sink and rinsed the rest of the salad off of them, capping the leftovers and putting it in the fridge, making the kitchen look... a little better than before, after, they grabbed the keys and headed out the side door to reach the car faster, Four wasn't that much of a drinker but in situations like these, it was ok- well at least justified. they opened the side gate and unlocked the car, hoping in and starting it, googling the quickest route to a bar near by, one of them was just right down the street and looked cheap. Shrugging, Four chose to close the Google maps at and just find it on their own, backing out and driving down the road, turning to immediately see a couple of stores, the same small bar they were just looking at was wedged between a pet grooming store and what looked like a homeowned pawnshop, Four parked over near the curb, pulling their wallet out of the glove compartment of the car before exiting and walking into the bar, of course showing some ID after stepping in and taking a seat at the bar stool, ignoring how it was surprisingly crowded, Four signaled down the bar tender and ordered a shot of a simple drink, after receiving their requested drink they pulled out cash from their wallet to already pay for the drink "Add it to my tab..." A slightly familiar and groggy voiced spoke behind them, earning a jump from Four as the barista nodded, casually cleaning a glass, Four whipped around to see the mysterious algebraic who kindly added the drink to their tab, sitting next to them was Seven? Four gasped lightly at their presence, they hadn't really seen them since yelling at them in their own home... yikes... "oh, S-Seven! Him.." Four quickly greeted "What.. um what are you doing here?" They asked a little awkwardly, Seven Sighed "Not drinking." They said taking a big swig of whatever they had in their cup, it smelt strong "And definitelyyy not thinking about what my X-lover is doing with a stranger they just met." They said sarcastically, the last bit filled with a little malice, staring at Four a little too harshly. This day wasn't going to get any easier, is it?.

2025 words

AAAAAA I PROMISED ALL AN UPDATE. HALF A YEAR LATER HERE I AMMM😍😍😍😍.. CAN YOU TELL I DONT KNOW HOW TO WRITE DRINKING HAHAHHAAHAHA HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS ONE HAHAHAHA MY MOTIVATION IS BACK AND IM DETERMINED TO FINISH THIS SO NEXT CHAPTER SHOULD SHOULD SHOULD BE OUT SOON, REMEMBER ALL MY CHAPTERS HAVE A LIMINAL LIMIT OF 2000 WORDS SO THEY DONT TAKEE TOO MUCH TIME IM JUST LAZY AS FUCK😭😭😭 GET ON MY ASS ABOUT POSTING CONSISTENTLY PLEASE.....if you saw that pronoun mistake no you didn't