Chapter 7: Realizations Pt. 2

Start from the beginning

Enid was a bit shaken and blushing hard by the abrupt encounter.

Wednesday just shrugged at her and went to open the top cabinet in search of the honey jar. She found it a little bit deeper than expected so she stretched on her tiptoes, her face scrunching up in concentration. Just as she was about to grasp the jar at the edge of the cabinet it slipped...and as fast as that happened she felt a gush of air and a body pressed up against her...Enid's hand wrapped over her's, both catching the jar before it actually fell...

Wednesday looked back at Enid and their eyes lock for a brief moment, both surprised by the sudden physical connection...Their faces flushed with a tinge of embarrassment once more as they set the honey jar down and withdrew their hands, mirroring each other's movements...They both let go of a suppressed breath they were apparently holding and backed away swiftly.

"...sorry..." Enid said shyly, looking at Wednesday's face and then down at her shoes.

"...No harm done..." Wednesday's heart was racing and her face flushed with a splash of color. She tried to shake it off by heading for the bread that was on the kitchen counter.

Enid didn't know what to do with herself...there was the soft smell of jasmines and dark chocolate again, it was so alluring, she needed to get a grip so she went to put the now melting ice cream away and sat at the table, staring right at the center of it. She couldn't move nor did she want to and hoped Wednesday couldn't see the very red blush on her cheeks and ears.

Wednesday's heart was still in a frenzy, skipping a beat now and then. She was sure this was due to some heart problem...She would have to consult that with her mother later. She took the bread, put some in the toaster, and waited. Her back pressed against the kitchen counter, staring straight ahead of her.

The toast popping up made Enid jump...*gasp* "Shit! That scared me!" vividly taken aback and clutching her chest.

Wednesday couldn't hold back a chuckle, "God Sinclair, you really are a puppy in a human body..."

Enid's ears perked, she had NEVER heard Wednesday chuckle and now she was adding it to her top favorite sounds...She wondered what other sounds she could elicit out of Wednesday, blushing a deeper shade of red...

Wednesday grabbed the honey jar and toast and walked to the table. She sat down next to Enid and attempted to open the jar, which unfortunately wasn't budging... "May I?" Enid asked timidly, holding out her hand for Wednesday to give her the jar. Wednesday hated help but for some unknown reason and almost automatically, she gave Enid the jar.

Enid gave her a tentative smile and opened the jar with ease. "Here you go..." She handed it back to Wednesday.

"I see you are useful after all..." The sly remark came out softer than Wednesday intended, like a whisper even. What was happening to her? She grabbed a toast in order to distract herself and started to spread honey on it. "Would you care for one?" She asked Enid to which she nodded. Wednesday handed her a warm toast with honey, her perfectly steady hand betraying her, having the slightest unperceivable shake.

Enid took the toast and bit into it, it was nice, warm, and very delicious. She loved the delightful contrast of textures and flavors. The slightly crisp exterior of the toast yielded to a tender, fluffy interior, while the smooth, honey glazed her tongue, leaving a lingering sweetness behind. The combination of textures and flavors created a delightful mouthfeel, making each bite a moment to savor. "It tastes amazing..." She said closing her eyes and savoring every bite.