Nineteen

"So who are you gonna choose?"

After Y/n's little chat with her parents she calls Sujin to come over.

"I don't know." Y/n sighs, falling back on her bed. "Why do I even need to bring anyone?"

Sujin softly spins on the swivel chair. "It's a fundraiser event. 'More people gives better turnouts' is what my parents say. That's why Haechan's my plus one." She smiles.

"Well that doesn't solve my problem." Y/n groans.

"Oh my god." Sujin exclaims. "I know what this is about." Y/n sits up to look at Sujin confused. "What are you talking about?"

"You have feelings for both of them, don't you? You like Felix and you still haven't gotten over Chan." Sujin points at the girl as her eyes widens in surprise.

"What? That's crazy." Y/n shakes her head.

"You know what's actually crazy? You not deny the fact, making it true." Sujin gives Y/n a look.

Y/n groans, falling back onto the bed. "Fine. Maybe. Slightly." She then sits up again, slowing down her sentence. "Just a little bit might be true."

Sujin chuckles, "I know how we can solve this. A pros and cons list." She nods.

"You've been watching too much cliché movies. I'm not doing a list." Y/n shakes her head.

"Okay...then how about flipping a coin?" Sujin suggests. "I'm not letting a coin choose my plus one." Y/n says.

"Or possibly let it choose your future soulmate." Sujin snickers. Y/n's face drops at that. "I'm kidding, obviously kidding." Sujin gently pushes her.

"So what do you wanna do then?" She asks.

Y/n thinks...and nothing came to mind.

She lets out a sigh. "Give me a coin." She simply says, holding out a hand.

Sujin nods. She searches in her bag and pulls out a coin. Y/n grabs it from her and holds it in her hand.

She looks at it. "Okay if heads then I'll ask Chan and if tails, I will ask Felix."

"Are you sure about this?" Sujin carefully asks. Y/n continues to stare at the coin. "I can't think of anything else. If I can't choose, might as well have this coin do it for me. Besides its just for a plus one, no big deal." Y/n says, trying to convince herself with that last sentence.

She took a second. "Okay." She breathes. She flipped the coin in the air and catches it with her hand covering the coin.

Y/n hesitates to take her hand off the coin. Sujin watches her, anticipating for the result.

Y/n slowly lifts her hand, revealing the coin.

Sujin and Y/n stares down at the coin in Y/n's hand then looks up to each other.

"I guess there's your answer." Sujin says. Y/n just nods.

"I'll ask him tomorrow." Y/n looks down at the coin again.

...

Next Day
School

Y/n stands in the boys hallway wondering how she will face him. She takes a deep breathe before making her way down the halls.

Arriving to his locker she sees him standing in front of it, grabbing whatever it is that he needed for class.

Y/n gathers herself before walking up to him. She taps him on his shoulder and he turns around.

"Hey Y/n." Felix smiles. "What a nice surprise to see you this morning."

"Hey." She manages to say. She clears her throat, "I actually wanted to ask you something."

He nods, "Sure. What is it?"

Y/n felt nervous and she was trying to not make it obvious. "I was wondering if you would like to be my date to my parents fundraising event next weekend?" She asks him.

"Oh." Felix looked surprised. "Um sorry Y/n but I actually have plans next weekend." He winces.

"Oh." Y/n lets out. "No that's fine." She shakes her head. "That's totally fine, I could always ask someone else." She reassures him.

She starts to walk away.

"Again I'm sorry. I hope you find someone to bring to your event." He pursed his lips into a small smile.

"Yeah." She mutters before walking away, looking defeated.

Not looking where she was going, Y/n bumps into someone. "I'm sorry." She mutters before looking up from the ground.

"Uh hey." Chan awkwardly greets the girl. He avoids eye contact and walks around the girl.

Y/n pauses before calling the boy. "Wait Chan." He turns around to look at her. She studies his expression, she wasn't sure what emotion he had behind those eyes. Chan also didn't know what he was feeling, but for some reason he wanted to hear what she had to say.

"Yeah?" He softly spoke.

"I'm not sure if this is a right time to ask you but I was wondering if you wanna go to my parents annual fundraising party with me next weekend?" She didn't know what he was going to say from the way they ended things yesterday.

"It's just that I need a plus one and-."

"Sure." Chan cuts her off.

Y/n was surprised. "What?"

Chan nods. "I'll go with you." Y/n's eyes lit up at that, "Really?"

"Yeah." He simply said.

"Okay." Y/n had an innocent smile. "I guess I'll see you later then?" She asks.

He just nods before walking away.

Y/n was surprised by how well that went despite how things went down yesterday. But what she didn't see when Chan turned around, walking away is that he was smiling.

Happy that she asked him.

Happy that he was chosen to be her plus one.

But little did he know.