"What, Grey? Are you going to complain again?" Helena scoffed, thinking that it was Grey who called her.

"It's Aziel," silence quickly followed so Aziel decided to continue. "Is there a way to keep them safe? Without them needing to leave?" he asked. 

"We could use you as bait for your father. That way, you're the only one who has to leave," Helena said. "You're the one wanted by your father anyway."

"Why?"

"Because you're a key witness to the majority of his crimes."

"He wants me dead, doesn't he?" Aziel asked despite already knowing the answer to that question. 

"No, he just wants you back."

Aziel scoffed. "What the fuck is that supposed to mean?"

"You know what it means Aziel."

Aziel clenched his jaw in anger. If he had to sacrifice himself to keep his son safe, he was willing to make the sacrifice. 

"Tell Grey that there has been a change of plans. Pick me up before dawn," Aziel said before hanging up the phone.

Aziel made sure to delete the call from the phone log before sneaking Grey's phone back. He went back to his room and listened. He heard Helena calling Grey once again. Their conversation was muffled but one thing was for sure, Helena agreed to his plan. It was stupid and rash and it may cost him his life but Aziel wasn't thinking straight. 

All he knows is that he needs to keep his son safe. A knock sounded on his door so Aziel moved away from the door and opened it.

"We're not leaving anymore," Grey said, clearly confused about the whole thing. 

"What? Why?" Aziel asked, feigning ignorance.

"I don't know. She didn't tell me why," Grey sighed. "We should all sleep in one room. I have a bad feeling about this."

Aziel tensed. "There's no need-"

"We could have a sleepover!" Elio happily exclaimed, suddenly appearing behind Grey.

"Yeah. it's like a sleepover. We could build a fort, do you want that Elio?" Grey asked.

"Yes!"

"Go grab pillows and blankets then," he patted Elio on the head before returning his attention to Aziel.

"You don't have to join us if you're not comfortable. We could just stay in the living room and you could keep your door open," Grey suggested.

"Okay," Aziel said. "I just need time alone for a while," he said before closing the door once again.

Aziel sighed in frustration. How was he going to get out if Grey and Milan would be in the living room? It doesn't help that Milan was in the military and Grey is a police officer. It would be hard to go past them without getting noticed. After a few minutes of silence, Grey suddenly barged through the door and locked it behind him.

"Do you really think that I'm that fucking stupid? Every call that goes through this phone gets automatically saved, even if you delete it from the call log. What? You want to abandon Elio again?" Grey whispered angrily. 

He was notified every time a new call was saved on his phone. Aziel was left speechless. He hadn't thought of that possibility. 

"I-I'm not abandoning Elio again. I'm just doing what is best for him," Aziel tried to reason out. 

"Is it? Did you even think this through?" Grey raised his voice, causing Aziel to flinch. "I'm calling Helena again. Don't try and stop me. You do not make decisions on your own anymore. We both know your father is still going to come after us even if you go back to him." he said before storming out of the room. 

Grey hastily called Helena and with a tired sigh, she picked up the phone.

"What do you want this time?" Helena asked. 

"We're not changing plans."

Helena laughed humorlessly. "You don't get to decide for Aziel, Grey."

"He's not in the right state of mind to be making decisions like this," Grey spat.

"Whatever, Grey. Aziel is going to be used to bait his father and that's it. We should've done it a long time ago," Helena said before abruptly hanging up the phone. 

Grey cursed under his breath. He looked at Milan and pulled him to the side. Milan was immediately worried. He caught wind that maybe Helena was up to something and Grey's reaction was confirming it. 

"We're using the car."

"Yeah, shit, we're using the car."