Another Day with Him

About two weeks after out first lunch, and the fight with Tom, (about beginning of march)  me and Jonah decided to go out again. This time we went to Melrose for some food, and a farmers market. I met him by the restaurant, this time an Italian place. It was a family run restaurant, which made the food that much better. I arrived about five minutes before him, and when he finally arrived, I broke out into a smile at the sight of him. This time I went in for a hug, on purpose. After all we have known each other for almost a month, and I felt like I had known him for a year. We had been texted everyday, and called each other at least once a week. So yea, I can say that I can go in for a hug this time without it being awkward. The only awkward part was that he was so much taller than me that I kind of just plopped my face into his upper chest, as I couldn't reach all the way to his shoulders. 

"Y/n!" He said as we hugged. "It's been much too long. I'm so happy."

"Jonah I missed you too! Hey, at least we will be able to see each other almost every day during filming!" That was the last thing I said before we sat down. When we sat down, he immediately jumped into conversation.

"So, in about a week and a half or so I have to fly back to London to start training early. I have to train with the dog who is playing Max. So we won't be able to see each other for a while until actual fitness training begins in April." He said.

"Oh! So you get a month of extra training in London. That's cool. I'm happy. Do you think the dog will look like the original?" I said. I wasn't quite sure what to say. 

"Let's hope." He said as he snickered. 

I don't know what got into me but I tried to make a joke that I probably shouldn't have.

"Well my boyfriend will be happy about that." I muttered under my breath. Apparently I didn't mutter quiet enough because I looked up to see Jonah staring, confused.

"What?" He asked

"Oh um..nothing. Well ok I should probably tell you." Jonah had a concerned look on his face. "After our lunch a couple weeks ago, I got into a fight with my boyfriend. He was concerned that I was 'spending too much time with someone I barely know..'" Jonah was about to say something before I cut him off. "Well! How ridiculous is that! Anyways let's order-" I tried to brush it off but something was off with Jonah. 

"Y/n, we did spend a lot of time together. especially for knowing each other a day." He said this, while making direct eye contact with me and never breaking it. His worried look hadn't left his face yet. "Does your boyfriend often get mad at you?" He asked. A stricter tone to his voice now. 

"Well, yea I guess. But it's ok, he's just protective?" I said. Why am I defending him?

"y/n, that's not good. Has he ever...hurt you?" He asked. I don't know what triggered me to say what I said, but I didn't mean to. 

"OH MY GOD what is with the interrogation?! Everything is fine ok! I promise! It's just that sometimes he gets a little angry that's it! Everyone gets a little angry! And what do you know about a relationship? Im sure you're happily in one because who can resist that? " I gestured to his face as I yelled. I instantly regretted it but there was no taking that back. I regretted it so bad and I couldn't do anything about it. 

"Wow.." he said in a much quieter voice. I saw him move his napkin from his lap up to the top of the plate. He took out his wallet, left a credit card on the table, and just before abandoning his chair, he gave me one last comment. "y/n I'm just looking out for you. and something about that response tells me something is wrong in your relationship. and also, I recently went through a breakup so I do have a clue about relationships. I'm going to give you some time alone, maybe we can hang out tomorrow." He sighed, lifted himself from his chair and walked out of the restaurant, giving me one final look before he exited.