Lunch..With Him

I got out of the car and began to walk down to the little restaurant we were meeting at. We called it lunch, but we weren't planning to meet until 4. It was quite a hike back to the restaurant. There was no parking. 

"Hi!" Jonah said as I approached him at the sandwich shop. It was a cute little French cafe, with sandwiches and tea.

"Hi! It's so good to see you!" I don't know what it was, but for some reason I went in for a hug. He didn't hesitate much to hug me back. During the hug, I realized that I didn't want to let go. I never wanted to let go. there's no way I could like him, like...LIKE him. Besides I had a boyfriend. I don't know why my brain kept using that as an excuse. It's not like being in a relationship can stop you from liking someone. I guess my brain couldn't admit that I liked him,  especially that I grew to like him that fast. And I didn't want to believe it. No one can become attracted to someone that fast.

The hug ended and I had to play it off casual, like a "Hey what's up!" hug. We sat down and the conversations began. We talked about so many things. How we thought the movie was going to turn out, childhood stories, previous acting gigs, and so much more.   It was such an amazing time. It was so easy to talk to him. At one point, we were laughing together over a joke when his laughter suddenly came to end.

"Y/n?"

"yes.."

"I'm really excited to be working with you, I think we are going to have a really good time." he said, a much more serious look on his face. He suddenly grinned, looked down and took another French fry from off his plate. 

"Oh! Um I'm really excited to be working with you too, Jonah."  I said. Some awkward laughter followed and I wasn't really sure what to do. What a weird moment.  

I had only known him a day and this is what I figured out about him:

- Really Kind

- Caring

-Unrealistically hot 

-Very British

"Anyways, um, I have somewhere to be so we should probably go." I said. This was just getting way too awkward for me to continue sitting there for an hour talking to this man. 

"Alright. I'll get the check!" He said. 

"Oh you truly don't have to do tha-"

"No, no, no! Please, let me get the check. " Jesus.  I can't believe this man. 

I scoffed at him as he paid the check and refused to let me even open my purse. Those dimples were very convincing. 

He walked me to my car again, it had gotten dark, so he wanted to make sure that I got to my car safely. at least I think that's why. I had also parked really far away. Once in my car, I asked him if he wanted a ride back to his car. 

"Want a ride back to your car?"

"Oh I'm ok, I'm parked right up here."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive." He flashed a smile at me as he closed my car door. I began to drive away, and while looking in the rearview mirror, I saw him walking back to the restaurant. He lied to save me time. Is this man even real? I had assumed that he parked near the restaurant. I drove off and when I got home, my boyfriend was waiting for me. He looked angry for some reason. 

"Oh! Hi Tom." I had known Tom for almost a year now, and we have been dating for a while now. 

"Hi."

"Is something wrong?"

"Is something wrong? You were gone for hours on end. You said you were just going out to lunch! Y/n, Its dark out! Are you kidding me? Where else did you go?!" he said. He helped me realize that I had been out since 3:30, and It was almost 8.  7:37 to be exact. It hadn't hit me that I had spent so much time talking to a man a met yesterday. I also realized in this moment that Tom hadn't trusted me!