Chapter 8 - The Spotlight II

Começar do início

In the following days, the internet would go wild about Rimuru's return to the spotlight.  

***

"...I did not expect this development, so don't look at me like that Aqua." 

Aqua was currently staring daggers at me. 

"Look, my symptom resurfaced at a bad time. I didn't even know how I got myself into that mess. And it wasn't like I could just create a fuss when the show was abruptly starting like that. " I tried to reason with Aqua, but he was not buying it.

"You said you came to when you were about to enter the stage, right? You could've adamantly refused at that moment. Why didn't you?" Aqua's interrogative ability was incredibly difficult to avoid. Or was I just bad at making excuses?

I will play my last card, that is, say absolutely nothing.

Aqua frowned. "The media is totally onto you now. One video about you and you've gotten this much attention."

As planned, I remained silent to his words.

Aqua looked like he was gazing at the lowest kind of trash, "Dude, you're not avoiding anything even with that act." Aqua sighed. "In any case, you better not do anything more drastic or appear in any public area. I'm going to the Director's place, don't do anything rash." 

Aqua kept his eyes on me even as he was leaving. Dude, I heard you. I might be frail as hell, but as a guy in my past life, I know how to hit where it hurts. Plus, I blacked out near the end of that show too. When I came to I was already outside the backstage. I'm surprised no one spotted me on my way home.

Isn't that a dangerous thing, though?

I'm glad I didn't tell Aqua that last part.

I have nothing to do here, it's so boring! There are various kinds of entertainment nowadays, and social media's gotten to the point where everyone in the world is dying to hold a phone. I should just go with Aqua to the Director's place.

I called Aqua to ask him if it was okay. He answered almost immediately. "What's up? Why'd you call?"

"I was just wondering, is it okay if I go with you to the Director's place? I'll catch up with you, just let me get ready."

"No, I'll come pick you up. Wait for me at home." He replied.

I'd already taken a bath, so all I had to do was change my clothes. I wouldn't take that long, "Can't you just wait for me where you are—"

Aqua replied with a firm, "No. Wait for me."

Aqua abruptly ended the phone call with those last few words.

I was a little taken aback by his overprotectiveness, but I guess I could see where he was coming from. Both of us know the serious implications of reckless and rash behavior, especially after being exposed to the entertainment industry.

He probably doesn't want me to be spotted since all the buzz lately has been about me. I wanna protect myself too, so I'll be obedient... for now.

But when it comes to my ultimate goal, no one will stop me from achieving it. I will find the culprit who ended my mother's career in such a horrible and disgusting way. I'll make sure they deserve an equally fitting end.

***

Kana Arima couldn't believe her eyes.

Rimuru Hoshino was finally back. Or at least, it's what she thought. Just by looking at the video going around the media, she could tell Rimuru was still the same actor she saw all those years ago.

Her dominating presence could be felt even through the crappy video quality and sound. 

Kana found herself smiling, "So, when is she gonna officially return?" She merely wanted to say those words, but she didn't expect someone would answer her.

"Who's returning?" 

Behind her, Rimuru answered her mumbling. Aqua was also present next to Rimuru. Kana quickly hid her phone and tried to make excuses. "N-nothing! Anyway, what are you two doing out here?"

"We were on our way to the Director's place, how about you?" 

Rimuru's friendly and cheerful attitude was extremely similar to Ruby's. Although, it was only later on that Kana would make that comparison since she currently doesn't know Ruby that well.

"I was on my way to school to grab a few things, but whose place are you guys going to...? There are many Directors in the world." 

Aqua responded this time, "Taishi Gotanda, the directed of that film all 3 of us appeared in."

"Ohh, I see..." 

There was a short and awkward silence for a moment.

Kana took a deep breath and said, "So, do you guys mind if I tag along?" 

***

Today's chapter wasn't up to par. I don't know how I'll do with the second arc, but I hope you guys bear with me.

Adios!