Chapter 8 - The Spotlight II

Start from the beginning

As expected, Rimuru subtly rejected the guy. "Oh, did you want to go eat out together? But we only just met." Rimuru's gaze struck a deep chord in the male actor. Rimuru was toying with the man's emotions so splendidly.

But that male actor wasn't the only one.

"YEAHH! WE LOVE YOU RIMURU!" 

"MARRY ME!" 

"I'LL BE YOUR SLA—"

The crowd was incredibly hyped for some reason. Perhaps it was because of the romantic tension, or was the crowd just that smitten with Rimuru? If it was the latter, then Frill would have the answer to her question.

Rimuru...

Frill couldn't help but watch the performance.

The male actor showed slight frustration. "I'm deeply moved by your existence, I would like to get to know you more. " It seemed like he was racking his brain to find the right words to say. Some of the men in the crowd said stuff like, "Dude, "How to rizz a girl 101" won't work on a goddess like Rimuru!" 

The male actor heard this and said, "Don't care bro! It's my time to rizz so shut your trap, I'm the one that's on stage!"

The crowd was booing the male actor because of that. And as expected, the male actor didn't care and proceeded to talk to Rimuru.

Frill was bewildered. 

"What on earth is happening? Where are the producers?" The male actor was clearly stepping out of line, but there were no signs of anyone stopping the show. 

"Please! Marry me!" 

Frill almost thought her ears were intentionally playing with her. How did he get from trying to know her, to proposing to her within that 5-second time span? Is he okay?

Rimuru's expression was cloudy, everyone on stage was feeling something ominous was about to happen. Rimuru slowly looked up at the male actor, and it was then and there that the crowd felt Rimuru had enough.

"Excuse me," said Rimuru in a stern voice. "Are you always this invasive and insensitive when picking up girls?" 

Rimuru's gaze was icy cold. The male actor could not respond, there was something about Rimuru that made his body unconditionally surrender to her pressure. Rimuru began walking toward the center of the stage.

With her eyes glowing a deep crimson red, Rimuru's voice echoed throughout the stage. "If you try to invade my space like that again, do you know what will happen?"

A single side-ward glance towards the male actor was all it took to put him in place.

In a hushed voice, Rimuru spoke one last time. "This body is not meant for you trash to touch, I will make sure of that."

With that, Rimuru left the stage. The crowd's reaction was...

"AHAHAHAHHAHA! YOU GOT REJECTED DUDE! LIKE, HELLA HARD!"

 There was always this one fan in the crowd that was extra harsh with his words toward the male actor. The general reaction was the same, it was only this fan that had that extreme reaction. In essence, the crowd had bathed in the aftermath of the cruel rejection.

Frill herself was extremely pleased with Rimuru's rather short-lived performance. That end performance was otherworldly, it was like she became a different person entirely. As a star actor herself, Frill's evaluation spoke beyond mere observation.

As she was lost in thought, she bumped into a blond-haired girl wearing suspicious gear. The girl bowed and quickly left before Frill could say a word. Was that girl a celebrity? Her choice of disguise was rather... concerning.