Fear and Eggnxiety

Start from the beginning

"You never told me what 'this' is? I might be able to help?"

Don't worry! This isn't pure ectoplasm! It was given a job so it's not as strong. Besides, if I use my ice, it'll just refill the reserves that I used in the first place.

"Fine, fine! Just do it!" the boy hissed as his older brother leaned in closer to see what he was doing only to be bodily shoved to the side by Damian's shoulder.

Aye, aye, Robin!

Together, they made quick work of the pipe. Robin sliced it and Danny froze both sides, cutting the connection. Then the side of the pipe that connected to the keypad dimmed as the ghost absorbed the ectoplasm through the insulated pipe. Not even a drop escaped. Robin pulled his hands out and replaced the section of the wall as he stood up. "I think I was able to cut power to the lock. See if you can open it now."

Tim nodded and dashed back to the door. His fingers flew across the keyboard on his arm. With a little readjusting, the door opened revealing a ghastly sight before them. A woman was held by restraints on a stainless steel table with three men in lab coats holding various medical implements. The woman wasn't screaming anymore. She wasn't even moving. Cold seeped into Damian's hip from Danny's core as the young vigilante snarled at the adults before him. The two brothers didn't speak. They attacked.

Wielding his bo staff, Red Robin used the extra length to knock out the legs of two scientists who were right next to each other. Damian ran forward and vaulted over the table, sending the third flying with a powerful kick to the chest. The scientists screamed at the sudden assault. Robin didn't give them any mercy. He was cold and slightly brutal with his strikes, ensuring that each fist that connected broke something. But despite the anger boiling through his veins, the fight was over too soon. The boy stood among the broken bodies of the scientists while his brother looked on with concern. "... They got what they deserved, Drake."

"Not saying they didn't," RR replied while holding his hands up. He took a quick look around the room and zeroed in on the computer. "How about you take care of the patient while I steal all the data off their servers? With this being recorded, they'll never see the light of day again. Besides, you are better at first aid than me."

Damian took the distraction for what it was and nodded. The two split off to take care of their designated tasks. "Close your senses." The boy whispered but he knew it was pointless but said it anyway. The wounds on the woman were awful and the cold that was seeping from Danny's core was getting worse.

A little late for that.

"Close them. It's not going to get any better." Robin checked her pulse and breathing, frowning at how faint both of them were.

She's not a ghost yet... but with everything that has happened she could turn into one easily.

"I thought you said that you would need a lot of ectoplasm to form?"

Look around! You have the ability to see it now! If she dies then she will absorb everything in the walls and in this room and then all bets are off. She'll probably attack you both without warning and I don't know if I will be able to help you.

"Then I'll make sure that doesn't happen. Now close your senses. You've seen enough." Robin grabbed the medical supplies from around the room and set to work. The two vigilantes worked in tense silence with only the sounds of typing and the occasional snip of scissors being heard.

Just as Damian finished wrapping the abdomen after taping it shut, (They weren't perfect like Alfred's but at least the wounds weren't open to the air anymore and it would make transport easier) Red Robin finished typing, and pulled out the USB stick from the computer. "I've taken everything and left no trace. All of their records will be gone in just a couple of minutes-"