3

POV: Yours

POV: Yours

Destination: NYC

I knocked on my best friend's apartment door.

"God Daniella! You cook worse than my ex  girlfriend! Get the door at least!" a familiar muffled shout was clearly loud enough to hear.

A short girl answered the door.

"Hi Daniella." I said as Marcos stood next to me and gave her a shy wave.

She glared at him, "You said you had it handled."

"I did! But he called my mom-" "I'm right here guys." I said as I rolled my eyes, "Where is your mom? We have to discuss about a certain matter." I told Daniella, she moved so I could come in.

"MOM YOU HAVE GUESTS!" Daniella shouted.

"TELL THEM I ALREADY FOUND JESUS!" She shouted back.

"She already found Jesus." Daniella said. I scoffed, "ITS ME!" I shouted.

I heard running steps getting louder and louder.

"Hey!" My best friend, Natalie Aguilar said. I swear, when she was 18 she was beautiful, but right now? I swear she's like a model, I mean she is and an actress, God she ages so slowly, her light brown eyes were super lit up, it was almost like staring into honey, her jet black shiny hair was straightened, it moved as she hugged me, almost like a movie, she wore a ruby red dress with gold jewelry and brown lipstick, usually when she dressed like she was gonna see her ex girlfriend to drop off Daniella.

"Hi! Listen we have to talk..." I said in a low tone, she glanced at Daniella, "I let you visit your mom once and you're back at it again?" she asked her, "Mom it wasn't my fault!" "Ironic is it not! It never is!" "Nat, it wasn't her fault." I spoke, her hair flipped with her just to look at me, "What happened then?" she asked.

"You might wanna sit down for this." Marcos said as he offered a chair.

As the kids explained, her light brown eyes widened, "Are you- fucking kidding me?!?" she asked in shock.

"I am thinking of a law suit..." I suggested.

She got up, "Fuck yeah, smarter than me beating their asses." she said as she moved her black shiny freshly dyed hair back stress-fully.

"You! Gracias." Natalie said as she played with Marcos cheeks, "Ouch!" He winced in pain as her long French tipped acrylics scratched him a little.

"And you!" She turned to her daughter, "What Did I say about dealing with bitches like those that we're picking on you?" Natalie asked.

"Que les de un chingaso." Daniella spoke quietly with guilt.

"Mom can we go to the deli together?" Daniella asked out of nowhere, Natalie looked at me waiting for my approval, I nodded.

"Go. Be back in 20." Natalie ordered.

The two teens smiled and skipped their way out.

She sighed and went to the balcony, I followed behind her and took out a pack of cigarettes, "Miles would be mad if he saw you smoking this much." she said as she slipped out a joint from her boob, "Well Miles isn't here to see how stressed I am." I said as I turned on my cigarette and Nat's blunt with my lighter and began smoking it.

"Well it isn't his fault." she reminded me, "I know! But fuck! I am stressed, I have to raise a son by myself, I have a job, and it's a fucking pain in the ass!" I reminded her, "Not to mention, Marcos is basically raising everyone, he became the man of the house!" I began tearing up, "I need Miles to come back, he is growing up too fast because he feels like he has to! God I am a horrible parent!" I exclaimed, as I exhaled controlling my tears, "Hey. You are a wonderful parents, especially with all of these circumstances. Give yourself a break! And remember, Miles is Miles, wherever he is he probably created a revolution from how determined he is to change the world, dead or alive." she said.

I scoffed as I hit my cigarette again.

"Don't you ever just wish we could go back when the world was normal?" I asked out of the blue as I turned to face her, she was using the lighter to turn on her cigarette, she looked at the city view as she smoked and thought about it.

"As much as I wish I could go back in time, I wouldn't trade my life right now to when I was 15, I think I was like Daniella's bullies, well except the racist part, but I was worse in other ways. Mom and dad always put my sister on top of their world, meanwhile I was having so many problems." she explained.

"But that was the past, do you still talk to them?" I asked.

She looked at me, "No. They don't like that I am gay, or that I'm raising my daughter by myself." she said as she inhaled the smoke and exhaled a light amount as her brown eyes turned back to the city.

"Daniella is my rock, she keeps me in track, if it weren't for her- god I would be a mess." she said as she finished her blunt.

"Don't you think the same for Marcos?" she asked.

I nodded, "Marcos is the only person who reminds me why I should keep going." I said as I looked down the balcony and saw Marcos laughing as Daniella took his sandwhich, "He reminds me of him." I said.

"Sometimes I have dreams of his return, how our life will continue like nothing happen." I said with a small chuckle as I inhaled the cigarette one last time.

"When the dream is ending, my heart clenches."

"Why is that?" Natalie asked as she looked at me as I stared at Marcos.

"Because when I wake up, I wake up alone, Miles is no longer here with me. And even when I accepted the cold truth, I still have hope one day when I wake up, he will be next to me, he'll apologize for being gone all those years, then tells me that he never stopped loving me, how he has been waiting for this moment to be with me again." I said as I exhaled the cigarette.

"But then I remember it's just a dream." I finally said as I dropped my cigarette and pressed on it to turn it off.

"He wouldn't want you to give up, Y/n."

I chuckled, "I already am."

"Well Marcos needs you." She reminded me, "If we were 18 I'd say understandable; but I'm a mom now, I don't want my kid going through what I did, my parents had a lot going on and gave up on me, and look how I came out." Natalie joked, "But even though I came out like this, I still give my all for my Daniella."

I smiled at her, "Are you dressed up because you're gonna drop her off at your exes?" By ex I mean her other mom.

Natalie laughed, "You know it."