"Yeah, of course." Amelia said, kissing Ophelia's forehead, the latter getting up off the bed, "I'm going to sleep, so I'll probably be in here, okay?"

"Yeah, bye. I love you." Ophelia said, unlocking the door, and rushing down to the ER. Amelia smiled to herself, not thinking Ophelia knew what she just said.

When she arrived, she was greeted with the sight of Owen trying to talk to a teen girl, probably around twenty two, who had a deep purple bag on her back, and a boy around twelve standing beside her. Owen was very confused as the girl tried to explain something to him.

"What's wrong?" She asked as she walked up to the three. As she looked closer to the girl's face, she realised something, "Ana?"

"Ophelia." She whispered, rushing forward and bringing the older woman into a hug. Owen looked between the two and the boy, who shrugged, just as confused.

"What happened? Why are you here?"  Ophelia asked, pulling out of the hug.

"Pastor Juan died, so all the kids got sent home, but this idiot back here slashed his arm so we had to come here first." Ana replied, her Spanish accent thick, "And you said in your letter that you worked here, so I thought it was time for a visit."

"Hi, I'm Ophelia" She said, holding out her hand for him to shake.

"Alejandro." He replied, shaking her hand. She noticed how long the bandage on his arm was, and winced, thinking about how much it must have hurt.

"How do you know these people?" Owen asked, sounding hesitant.

"Oh, well, me and Ana went to conversion camp together, and I'm guessing Alejandro joined after I left?" Ophelia said, turning to the duo at the end, the two both nodding in agreement, "Now, why was I paged?" She turned to Owen.

"Well, uhm... she was speaking Spanish, but now she's not." Owen explained, looking towards Ana, confused.

"Yeah, sorry, I do that when I get stressed." Ana apologised, looking towards Owen.

"Well, why don't you guys go get some food from the cafeteria?" Owen said, rubbing his hands together.

"Yeah, c'mon, I'll show you guys the way." Ophelia said, wrapping an arm around Ana's shoulders, directing her towards the cafeteria direction.

The Spanish trio were soon sitting down at a table, Ana and Ophelia with an assortment of sandwiches, while Alejandro had a variety of desserts in front of him.

"Pastor still starving you guys as punishment?" Ophelia asked, taking a bite from her ham sandwich.

"Yep, no sweet treats for ages for me." Ana sighed, looking jealously at Alejandro's Jell-O. He caught her looking, and pushed his strawberry one towards her. She smiled at him gratefully, and quickly opened it, shoving the spoon Ophelia pushed towards her in her mouth, sighing happily at the taste.

"I forgot how good this tastes." She said through a full mouth, before shoving another spoon in her mouth. Ophelia laughed at them, seeing how living in a forest for a very long time could affect your tastebuds.

Suddenly, Ana stopped eating, looking at Ophelia as though she wanted to asked her something. She coughed, clearing her throat, "Did, um... did camp change your mind?" She asked hesitantly. Alejandro stopped eating to, looking towards Ophelia unsurely for answer as well.

Ophelia furrowed her brows, unsure what she meant, before it cleared, realisation dawning on her,"No, it didn't. I don't think anything ever could." She admitted, looking down towards her sandwich. She could see the duo visibly relax, "Actually, I have a girlfriend."

"What, really?" Ana asked eagerly, leanign forward slightly, "What's her name?"

"Her name is Amelia." Ophelia said, smiling.

"That's a cute name." Alejandro said quietly.

"Yeah, it is. So, why are you two in the USA anyway? Isn't camp in Spain?" Ophelia asked, trying to redirect the conversation away from her relationship.

"Well, Pastor Juan got caught last year for something or other, so he shipped us to a whole new continent, and we're planning on staying in this city for a while until we can find somewhere permanent." Ana explained, stealing on of Alejandro's chocolate bars.

"Although, maybe we should just stay here. I mean, it has really good food." Alejandro said, waving his spoon at Ana.

"True, but I need a job." Ana pointed out.

"I mean, you could probably work at a 24-hour daycare." Ophelia said.

"Yeah, I'll start looking." Ana said, smiling at her.

"In the meanwhile, I will pay for a hotel room for the two of you, and when you get a house, I will be sure to visit."

"You don't have to do that-" Ana tried to protest, but Ophelia cut her off.

"I don't have to, but you are basically my little sister, and I'm sure Alejandro will become like a little brother over time." Ophelia said, winking at Alejandro playfully, and he grinned back.

"Thank you." Ana said gratefully. She reached out and took Ophelia's hand, giving it a squeeze. She quickly pulled away, ruffling through her bag for something, "I told the others that we were coming here and they wanted to give you this."

She pulled out a photo frame, which contained a photo of a group of about 15 kids, all crammed in one cabin, smiling widely at the camera. Ophelia smiled to herself, reminiscing on that moment. She could see herself in the middle, her younger self's arms wrapped around a young Ana. It was probably the one moment where everyone was happy at camp.

The three sat there for a while, Ana and Ophelia telling Alejandro stories from their time at camp together, and Ana updating Ophelia on the other kids lives, before adding her to a groupchat that they had made, seeing as they were all free now, tbe frist thing they had did was beg social services to get them all phones so that they could contact eachother in times of need.

When it came time for Ana and Alejandro to leave, Ophelia saw it as a bittersweet goodbye. She knew she would see them again, but it felt like her last night all over again.

"Do not cry, or I will start crying." Ana warnedn pointing a finger at her. Ophelia laughed, seeing the tears glistening in the young woman's eyes. She puller her into a hug, holding her arm out for Alejandro to join them.

The three stood hugging for a while, before they let go, Ana telling Ophelia that she would look into the job at the daycare, and then they bid their farewells, Ana and Alejandro heading to their hotel, Ophelia to the on-call room where she had left Amelia.

She queitly opened the door, shutting it behind her and locking it. Ophelia moved over to the bed, seeing that Amelia was starting to wake up.

"Hey." She rasped out, sitting up and swinging her legs over the bed. Ophelia straddled her lap, and pressing their lips together in a passionate kiss. Amelia pulled away, looking at her confusedly.

"I thought you said-" Ophelia cut he off with another kiss.

"I'm really glad Pastor Juan didn't change my mind." Ophelia said, pressing their lips together again and pushing Amelia back down to lie on the bed.

"Who's Pastor Ju-" Ophelia shushed her, running her hands through Amelia's hair, kissing down her neck, Amelia whimpering quietly. The neurosurgeon was quick to flip them over so she was on top.

It was safe to say Ophelia's legs were very shaky that night.

--------

1822 words

bit different but hope you guys enjoy.