Unwanted Meeting

It was an unusually dark Sunday night. Outside was deathly quiet and most everyone was at home sleeping the night away. One person was awake in the early hours of three in the morning. Cassie sat in her bedroom letting a video play in the back. She lay on her bed staring at the ceiling, the only light came from her laptop and even that was starting to bother her. Her head limply rolled to one side and that only made the headache she had throb worse than it was.

She just wanted a fleeting moment of relief where she could fall asleep and end the day of her sorrows, but that didn't seem as if he were coming. She remained awake with videos behind her playing on autoplay. She opened and shut her eyes over and over hoping one time she'd finally fall asleep.

She sighed. "If only things weren't this way..." Her mind raced with all her intrusive thoughts she tried to suppress, not just during the day, but all the time.

Loneliness always crept on her during the night the most. That creeping feeling forced her to cling onto any comfort she could give herself. Her arms wrapped around her body and she tightly closed her eyes curling in a ball hoping sleep would finally come.

Behind her, the light from her laptop started to glow brighter, so bright that she opened her eyes wondering why the light was getting brighter. She shielded her eyes and tried to push down the laptop screen at its brightness, however, it was stuck and she couldn't even close it.

"What the hell?"

Then something emerged from the screen and she felt a weight push her back on her bed. The light finally faded and her eyes landed on the object that pushed her back-well, the person. Resting with their body half on her bed and half off, this person had seemingly come from her laptop, her window was still closed and there was nowhere else they could have come from.

Carefully, she inched her hands toward them wanting to see if they were real. Touching their back, she flinched when feeling their body.

"What's going on?"

She got off her bed and tried to see the person's face. They were slumped over her bed and in an act of curiosity, she pushed their shoulders and got them to slide off the bed onto their back. She still flinched, but now seeing their faces they looked pretty normal-as normal as purple hair could.

That's when their eyes started to flutter open and Cassie let out a small gasp not knowing what to do. She pressed herself against the wall and let them get up.

"That was harder than I thought." The purple haired individual soon noticed Cassie and they both stared at each other. "Woah! Who are you?" He said in a panic.

"Me? Who are you? This is my room and you just... appeared inside here."

He looked around and then looked back at Cassie. "This is where I ended up? Some normie's bedroom?"

Cassie's eyes narrowed. "The hell is a normie?"

He snickered. "That's something a normie would say."

Knowing he wasn't going to answer her question, she moved on. "Okay, so you just appear in my room, insult it, then don't even tell me who you are or even where you came from?"

"Okay, fine. My name's Leviathan-you can call me Levi-and I came here because I was summoned."

"Summon? Like a ritual or something?"

"Yeah." He gave a confused look. "You did summon me didn't you?"

Her head shook. "No, I don't know anything about demons or summoning." Her eyes narrowed. "Are you... a demon?"

"Yeah I am, but if you didn't summon me, then why did I appear here?"

While Levi thought about the situation, neither one of them said anything. It was a shock for them both on different levels, this made Cassie speak up after a moment.