Truth

My head was killing me. When I woke up, I was in a cell. I seriously have got to carry a knife on me or something. "You're awake." I turned around to find Victoria in a comfy chair, reading a book. "Why am I in a cell?" I asked. "I couldn't have you escaping." "Are you even my mother?" "No, I am Stella's mother. Not yours." "Then who am I?" Victoria put down the book and looked dead at me. "Your name is Zaria Heart. You are not seventeen, but eighteen. You are also not Korean. You are Native American." "So, everything was a lie." "Yes, and sadly, you know the truth now. So, getting out of here alive is not an option." Before I could speak, the door behind Victoria opened up, and Carson entered. "Babe, Zoey wants to talk to you." "Aright. Try not to kill her yet."

"Hello Zaria." "Why did you kidnap me?" "I lost my baby; I needed a new one." "You're sick" "No, I'm desperate, but you ruined my plans. Now you will die, and someone else will be Stella." "Stella is dead. Can't you see that?" "SHUT UP. She wouldn't have been if I hadn't pushed her away." "How did you push her away?" "She told me she was pregnant, and I freaked out. I screamed at her and pushed her away. She was only seventeen; she had not even finished school, and she was pregnant. I yelled at her, and because I did, she got into the car with her boyfriend and drove away. Some idiot decided to get drunk and drive. He crashed into them and killed Stella and her baby. Evan got lucky. So, I kidnapped you because you looked exactly like her, and I paid everyone thousands of dollars to pretend everything was okay. Everything was going great until you and Evan messed it up." Carson said with tears in his eyes.

"Did you really think my memories wouldn't come back? That I wouldn't remember what happened?" "I knew you would eventually; I just wasn't mentally prepared. Do you remember anything from your previous life?" "No, I remember bits and pieces but not anything else. Carson, you have to let me go. Are you willing to go to prison for kidnapping and murder? Do you really have what it takes to kill someone?" Carson looked at me with cold, dead eyes. "How do you think your little boyfriend died?" My heart dropped. "You killed Evan." "He was going to expose us." "He was your daughter's boyfriend." "No, he was someone who knocked up my daughter. I'm sorry, Zaria, but I can't have anyone snitching on me." Carson pulled out a gun and pointed it at me. "What about your family? Do you really think they will help you?" "If they don't, they will die as well." "You're sick." "After spending five years in a mental hospital, I decided to embrace my crazy because no one would screw me over."

While Carson was clocking his gun, I spotted Zoey peeking through the door. "Help." BAM. I never knew what being shot was like. I never knew what dying felt like. I never knew what the term my life flashed before my eyes meant until now. Who knew death would be the cause of my memories to reform? I remember everything. I was happy; I had a lovely family; I had everything. Before I closed my eyes, I heard three more bullets being fired. Who knew death could be so peaceful?