5 | Those He Touch

╔══════════════╗

"You're gifted too in that area."

╚══════════════╝

Zaban City.

As you walked through the marketplace, you took in every detail around you. The scent of freshly baked bread mixed with the aroma of various spices and oils filled your nostrils, making your mouth water with hunger.

The sound of merchants yelling out their prices and the chatter of customers bargaining for a good deal created a lively and bustling atmosphere. 

It was... 

Odd.

Or at least, something inside you twists as you walked in the streets. People of all alike, all similar yet dissimilar at the same time, bump into you as you weave around the crowd. 

The air is thick with the scent of spices and sweat, and the sounds of people haggling and shouting fill your ears.

You glance around at the bustling market, taking in the sights and sounds. 

The floating blue flame sitting still on the top of your head, resting as you wandered around the bustling place. 

The people here are unlike any you've ever seen before. They're all so... normal. You don't see any sign of quirks or mutations, just regular humans going about their daily business.

It's almost surreal to see a world without the effects of quirks.

You can neither see any mutation features among these citizens, all just having the features of a pre-quirk-era person. Without any horns, wings, what may be an unnatural feature...  

This is what it looks like if there are no Heroes or Villains. 

Something you would have never experienced if not for— you clicked your tongue. [E/C] eyes hardening. 

Despite the lack of quirks, there's still an air of danger here.

Your eyes flicker to the side as you observe the people in the bustling marketplace, each person possessing a distinct aura. Some of them appear to be trying to blend in, dressed in plain clothes and keeping their heads down.

Others, however, exude menacing energy, with sharp eyes and a rough demeanor. Your [E/C] eyes glowed as the smells of various foods and wares were filling your nostrils. The clothing and accessories being sold here are vastly different from what you're used to, with many of them appearing to be from a different era altogether.

You take a strand off your face, hands brushing it off behind the scarf on your head. 

This place...

"Oh!" you hear Gon exclaim, "Look at this, [Y/N]!" 

It's as if you've stepped back in time to a bygone era, with only the hustle and bustle of the marketplace reminding you that you're still in the present.

You could feel the warmth of the sun on your skin as you made your way through the crowd, weaving in and out of stalls selling all sorts of trinkets and treasures. Your [Y/N] eyes, hidden by a scarf given by the navigators, watched the spiky-haired boy as he waved at you.

Your [E/C] eyes zoomed in on the thing he held in his hand. 

"Don't you need sunglasses?" Gon says as he extends his arm, a pair of sunglasses dangling from his fingers. He holds them out to you, a questioning look on his face.