4 | Bruises And Cuts

╔══════════════╗

"Sorry, I forgot about you." 

╚══════════════╝

𝗕𝗢𝗢𔓎

As you stand before the group of a family of four, your head tilts slightly to the side as your eyes scan over their features. 

"Ah..." one of them hums, an amused look on its face. "It's been very long since we've met someone who could tell my wife and me apart."

The other nodded, the two children behind them smiling as Gon grinned and scratched his head while they surrounded him like he was an anomaly. 

​​​​​​You can't discriminate over what they look like but... 

"It's a great pleasure!" he says.

Their animal-like appearance is striking, with fur covering most of their bodies and long, pointed ears perched atop their heads. One of them has sharp claws that glint in the sunlight, while another has a bushier tail that swishes back and forth behind them.

"Do you see the difference?" you could hear Leprio whisper beside you. 

"Not at all..." Kurapika whispers back as you slowly turned to look at the fussing probably has transformation quirks husband and wife. 

"..."

You were already trained in public relations media. 

​​... Actually, even though you couldn't tell who is who, there was no way you were blurting everything you were thinking right in front of them. 

You couldn't even tell the difference between the two fur... real-life furries. Not a quirk. What's the difference between someone with a quirk and someone just with these features? 

You have no idea but you're weirded out by the thought of it. 

Your helmet can, though. Your helmet can. 

Despite their unusual appearance, they seem friendly enough, their eyes bright and curious as they looked back at Gon. 

Goon looked back at his shoulders, a grin plastered on his face. "It was you, mister," 

He points to one of them, whether it was the one on the right or the one on the left... "Who hit Kurapika!" 

​​​​​​"Oh." you just stated. You still couldn't guess if it wasn't for your helmet. 

XX chromosomes, biologically a woman. XY, a man. 

You weren't the OP one. It was all the doings of your helmet. 

You're just bullshitting your way up back in Yūei. It was no wonder why you were popular in the support department. 

You breathed down on them and watched their every move. 

​​​​​​Plus they love your weird ideas. 

"That doesn't tell us who is who, though..." Leorio whispered behind. 

You rubbed your nape, looking up blankly as you felt a gaze on your form. The son — they were called a Kiriko, Kurapika mentioned briefly before — curiously took a stare at you, hand waving as you matched his gaze. His eyes turned sharper, turning like the eyes of his parents.

​​​​Did you wave back? 

​​​​​​Face tilting a bit to the side as you numbly watched the family of four.