They notice what happened and immideately started to apologize while bowing. "OH MY IM SO SORRRY IDINTMEANTOIWASJUSTTRYINGTO-". They stopped their rambling the minute she looked at my face. Did I have something there? I look at them in confusion as their eyes looked releived. "LUVI!" They pointed to my head as I looked up to remember that little guy was still up there. "Oh. Is this one yours?" I asked. "Yeah" they said as they went to grab it. They couldnt really reach to my head so I subcontiously lower my head as the rodent jumped to their shoulders, looking grateful it found them.

"I'm sorry about him." They said as they carried the rodent and plopped it on top of their head. "He doesn't really run off from me so I figured he would do fine here" they continued as they were scratching the rodent's ear.

"It's fine. But, uhm.. what is that?" I said trying to not make it seem rude. They replied saying it was a 'Chinchilla' I knew what they were but I was never really curious as to what they looked like. So I guess they look like that. "It's cute" I say. The moment I said that, their eyes lit up immideately. "I KNOW RIGHT? NOT A LOT OF PEOPLE RECOGNIZE THEM BUT I THINK THEY DESERVE ALL OF THE RECOGNITION-" she stopped her rambling again and I could see a bit above her mask. Her cheeks were tinted pink. "Sorry for making you uncomfortable. I didn't even introduce myself. My name is (y/n) (l/n)."

"Ah- you didn't make me uncomfrotable at all! It's fine. and I never really introduced myself either. I'm Mezo Shoji."

Y/N's POV...

'Shoji, huh.'

Now I feel awkward.. "T-thank you for keeping Luvi safe. He doesnt really like people so it's nice to see him getting used to others." I said as he looked just as awkward as me. "Oh well I'm just glad he's safe with you now," Shoji said. "Well I need to go and get this little one an apple. That's what I was doing before he left." I stared at Luvi as I said the last sentence. Luvi didn't care though. He only heard the word 'apple' and thats all he focused on. "Thank you again for keeping him safe!" I said to Shoji as I walked away to the section where the apples were. He said something back but I didn't really hear. But I was already walking away so I couldnt hear and I didn't want to go back because I dont even know if he was talking to me. I didnt want to feel even more awkward if he wasnt saying anything to me.

I go to the apples and let Luvi pick 3 apples for himself. As hes picking the apples, I look to the right and see (favorite fruit)s. I grab a couple for myself and I see that Luvi already chose his apples, his two little hands on his chosen apples and his tail pionting at the third apple.

As we were walking around, I was still trying to figure out what to make for the neighbors. I might just make them cookies since it's easier. But what kind? I might just make snickerdoodles and chocolate chip cookies. I grabbed the things I needed like butter, sugar, flour, etc. I also got some regular groceries since I still have to eat later on. My total came out as 10,970 yen (76 U.S dollars). 'Imagine i didnt sell my hunter's license' I payed and left with a couple of bags. As I got home, I cut Luvi an apple, and started baking.

I finished with the cookies and now for the hard part; talking to the neighbors. After I found Luvi asleep on my bed, I left with my mask on and went to a couple of houses. I got a little awkward with the first person, but as I kept introducing myself, I got a little used to it. I went to knock on the last neighbors house- well not the last person. I may have gotten a bit comfortable, but that didnt mean I was gonna greet the whole neighborhood. I only wanted to greet around 8 people. Before I knocked on the door, I heard a loud bass guitar playing. I got a little startled and put my arms to cover my ears. But since I was pretty close to the door, as I swung my arm up, I accidentally knocked on the door pretty loudly.

The music stopped and I heard footsteps walking to the door. There was a girl with purple hair, in shorts and a tank top. She looked confused as to why I was there and I honestly dont blame her. I mean, I would be confused too if I saw someone at my door with cookies.

"Uhm.. I just moved here and I wanted to gift you something" I gave her the last batch. "Oh thanks a lot! I'll look foward to eating them later!" she said. "I'm Kyoka Jiro by the way". "Ah- (y/n) (l/n)" I said as I bowed a bit. "Well.. I'll be going now.." I said trying to leave as fast as possible because my social battery is running out. "Oh ok bye then!" she said with a smile. As I walked to my home, I was thinking about how she also plays music. I wanted to talk about it but i didnt want things to seems weird.

I flop onto my bed, making sure I don't land on Luvi and try to fall asleep but I couldn't. Well it IS still kinda early so I guess it would be harder to fall asleep for me. I might as well go around to see where everything is. I grabbed my skateboard (or roller skates. Whichever you want.) and roll out of the house. I trusted Luvi enough to not make a mess. Plus, he's asleep right now. It'll take a while for him to wake up again. As I skate around, I notice someone's eyes on me. My gut wss telling me to get the hell out of here. So now I'm skating as fast as I can out of there, but I notice the person staring is running now. Ok. WHAT THE HELL?! Was no one suspisious by the fact a grown man was chasing a teenager with wheels? At this point, I'm scared. What's happening? Is it someone I know? Someone I pissed off? A stalker? I guess I wasn't so focused on my surroundings because of my thoughts and I ended up skating into an alleyway. Perfect. Of all the places? great job (y/n). Great job.

I look around to see a man with brown hair, grey eyes, and tanned skin. "Hey little girl~. What are you doin' here alone? Let me help you out~...