Five Days Break - 06

Senketsu.

Kotaro had heard of this name.

It belonged to a Taimanin who worked as a blacksmith in the ancient time. He was someone whose life solely devoted to the desire of wiping out demon from the face of the world. Such a wish concealed in every single weapon forged by his own hands. Senketsu's blades would reach as far as anywhere the Gate of the Dark World appeared. His collection had been distributed across Japan, and through time, most of them were lost.

That was how the story goes in the old legend. Now, Kotaro was sure that parts of it were real. In his hand was one of the many swords forged by Senketsu. The crimson-red particles flowing around the body and the extreme bloodlust reserved exclusively for only the Demon-kin were all the proof he needed.

What Ingrid felt from the sword wasn't simply killing intent. It was the embodiment of Senketsu's hatred toward the demon race for the tragedy they brought upon his family. This sword held the boiling desire to cut down everything related to those who came from the Dark World. That was its one and only purpose.

"A demon slayer sword crafted by the hatred of one man. To think there would be such a story." Ingrid muttered thoughtfully.

"Senketsu didn't lose just his family. His friends too, killed by the demon during an invasion. Till this day, his sword still carries the will to possess a wielder upon unsheathed. Those manages to wield these swords will enter an uncontrollable rage and unleash that wrath on any denizen standing on sight." Kotaro added.

Flash!

After taking a picture, Kotaro returned the sword to its scabbard and placed it back inside the box. He would need to inform the Weapon Research Department about this discovery. Senketsu's collection was highly regarded among the elite Taimanins due to its rarity and the unique crimson-red particles infused with the weapons. The fact that he had traveled to this place in the past should shed some light on the whereabout of his other creations.

"How do you feel?"

"Huh?" Kotaro turned to Ingrid with an eyebrow raised.

"How do you feel when you were holding that sword, Fuuma?"

"You can definitely tell it's a good sword. The edge is undull despite hundred of years."

"I'm sure that's not all." She doubted.

"It does tingles my eye a bit but that's all there is to it. Did you expect me to be possessed and fight you or something?"

"If what you told me is true, then I'm very eager to test it out."

What!? Please let that be one of her self-proclaimed witty jokes!

"That's really disturbing! I thought you think of me as your companion!"

"What's the matter?" Ingrid titled her head at Kotaro's reaction. "You should be confident about yourself. I know you can handle at least a single attack from me. You took one of my ping-pong serves to the face, remember?"

Yep! She was definitely joking at this point!

"Honestly, I know you were holding back during the match. Your strength is in another league when it comes to actual battle so the ping-pong game doesn't count. Besides, I barely feel anything from the sword." He slipped the tatami into place, made sure the trap door is safely covered. "I guess that part about being possessed is actually a myth unlike the rest of the story."

"You're putting it back?"

Kotaro noticed the way her shoulders loosely dropped.

"This family's ancestor was entrusted this by Senketsu. It belongs to them so it's only right to put it back." Done, he stood up and dusted off his hands. "Alright, great job done. Now that we found the source of your interest, why don't we head back to the inn? It's getting late and I want to read some books."