- ͙۪۪̥˚ 𝟯𝟮┊❛ 𝗨𝗽 𝗢𝗻 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗕𝗿𝗼𝗼𝗸𝗹𝘆𝗻 𝗕𝗿𝗶𝗱𝗴𝗲 ❜┊˚ ͙۪۪̥◌

Magsimula sa umpisa

Later, Miles swung him and ( Y/N ) up to a water tower near the building where Jefferson's party is. He convinced her to go back even since he saw Paul left. Now that he had his spider-suit off, he just had his jersey and hoodie on while he gave the heavy black jacket to ( Y/N ).

Down below he used his web shooters to sling them some food from the party and put it on a paper plate. Miles told her all about the society Gwen was apart, Hobie, Miguel, everything.

( Y/N ) sighed as she took another bite out of the food. "These are so good."

"Oh, yeah. My mom knows how to make good plátanos,"

From below, Jefferson, Rio and Susan were watching them like hawks. Now all of the sudden it's like they've become a tag team or something.

"You didn't have to do the whole bridge thing,"

"Have to? Can't I treat you once in awhile?" Miles shrugged.

( Y/N ) smiled as Miles leaned against the railing, looking out at the city below. She got out her camera, snapping a shot of him as he looked back at her with a chuckle, the camera flash nearly blinding him.

"So... what's this spider society?"

"Gwen says they save the multiverse from threats like the Dalmatian guy," Miles explained. "They even had a mission in a Shakespeare dimension and it's all run by this guy Miguel O'Hara."

"Ooh!"

Miles sighed. "And what I wanna know; what's it's gonna take for O'Hara to notice Miles Morales?"

Even though she wants him to get in, she doesn't too. The last time a Spider-Man got involved with the multiverse, well... you remember. "Uh, is this the best idea? Kinda sounds..."

"Why not?"

"Miles..."

"I mean, we did save the multiverse — you could come too! Show them your glow-thing!" Miles added.

( Y/N ) put the place down and rest her back on the railing. "It doesn't like something..."

"I can turn invisible," Miles began listing off his abilities as he used his fingers to count them. "I have, like, electrics powers—"

"What if there aren't a lot of slots?" Miles frowned, noticing the serious expression that appeared on ( Y/N )'s features.

Miles sighed, leaning against the railing. "Oh, good point."

During the past year ( and four months ) Miles knew something was going on with her. Now seeing her trying to keep him away from the spider society proved it. After Kingpin's collider was shutdown, he thought she was doing okay, it looked like she was. Spoke too soon.

"Look, I know something's wrong," Miles spoke up. "You know you can talk to me—"

"I'm fine!" ( Y/N ) snapped.

( Y/N ) readjusted her position turning around to face him, sighing. "Sorry. Didn't mean to, um... snap."

"Hey, it's fine."

Before Miles could lean forward, Rio jumped up from behind them with a bright smile, holding onto the railing. "Hello!" She climbed over the railing and stood besides Miles as he looked down in annoyance, trying to cover his face.

"Oh, boy."

"Oh, it's obviously you ( Y/N )! I should've known," Rio chuckled.

( Y/N ) managed to flash a smile as Miles went to stand besides her. "Rio... Mrs. Morales! Hi!"

"Not using my first name, she gets it," Rio popped her head in front of Miles. "You scored with this one, Miles."

"Mom!"

Rio pulled out a pink jacket with long sleeves. "This is nice. We found it in Miles's room, so... I guess you must've been there. Huh?"

( Y/N ) took a look at it, obviously knowing whose it was and glanced at Miles who gave her a nodded. ( Y/N ) nodded and smiled to cover up the fact it wasn't hers. "Yes! I have definitely worn this before, but not in front of you." Then, Jefferson climbed up and stood beside Rio.

"And Jeff — Lieutenant Morales soon to be Captain." ( Y/N ) chuckled nervously as she gave him a salute.

"She gets it,"

"Uh... ( Y/N ) and I were just..." Miles trailed off, looking at (Y/N ) to help him with an excuse.

"We were catching up."

"Ohh. Don't take it from me," Rio chuckled.

"Mom!" Miles exclaimed.

"I'm just kidding. He's grounded, so you can't," Rio leaned towards them. "Don't break his heart."

"Mom!"

"Oh, did you hear what Spider-Man did on the Brooklyn Bridge? Isn't that sweet?" Miles and ( Y/N ) nearly jumped at this, trying to keep it cool in order to not raise any suspicion.

"Y-yeah. It really was," ( Y/N ) stuttered, trying to cover it up as Miles looked at her with a smile. She then glanced down at a piece of lined paper she had in her pocket with sigh before looking. "Shoot... you know know what? I gotta go. Wish I could stay longer."

( Y/N ) a turned her head covering part of it with her hand as she faced Miles. "Uh — I'm sorry."

"Bye!"

Before she left, she waved to Rio and Jeff, then stopping on her tracks to shake Miles's hand. He accepted it and instead of a shake she pulled him in for a much needed hug. Miles slowly patted her on the back, still shook by this change of act. A light smile formed on Rio's features as they pulled apart, watching ( Y/N ) leave.