GOF 7

Hermione and Ginny both fell asleep in the same bed as Ginny was still slightly scared from the nights events. Rory was sat on her bed with Charlie sat next to her.

"Nova get some sleep"

"I can't Charlie"

"Talk to me Nova. What's on your mind"

"I've had nightmares since I was 4 and seeing that mark tonight has reminded me exactly why I have nightmares"

"What are they aboutm" He asks taking her hand in his.

"The night my parents died I was there and I watched you-know-who kill my dad and then my mum and himself when he tried to kill Harry and thanks to the nightmares I've never been able to forget it even slightly" he wipes the tears off her cheek.

"Why didn't you say something before"

"Same reason I never do. I was protecting Harry. He doesn't need to know any of this he doesn't remember anything only what he's been told" She looks up at him "I want it to stop Charlie. The nightmares, the fear, everything it's too much" He wraps his arms around her pulling her to his chest.

"It's going to be okay Nova. Eventually everything will be okay you just need to give it time and also stop hiding it from everyone. If you keep hiding it eventually you're going to explode. It's not your job to protect everyone around you including Harry all the time, you need to think about yourself as well"

"I just wish it was okay now. I hate never feeling safe and what happened with the Werewolf has just made it so much worse"

"I know, we'll get there eventually we just need to be patent. Now try and get some sleep"

"I'll sleep when we get back to the Burrow I feel safer there. You should get some sleep now though"

"Fine but you will be taking a sleeping potion the moment we get back and you will be getting some sleep whether you like it or not"

"Deal now get your butt in that bed and sleep"

"Lay with me" He lays down and pats the space beside him.

"Okay" Rory says laying beside him as he wraps an arm around her and pulls the cover over them both.

"Goodnight Nova"

"Night Charlie" It doesn't take long for Charlies snores to fill the tent as Rory grabs her book and continues reading from beside Charlie, his arm still wrapped around her. Mr. Weasley comes in after only a few hours sleep to wake everyone. Once everyone's up and packed he uses magic to pack up the tents, and they all leave the campsite as quickly as possible, passing Mr. Roberts at the door of his cottage. Mr. Roberts had a strange, dazed look about him, and he waved them off with a vague

"Merry Christmas."

"He'll be all right," Mr. Weasley said quietly as they marched off onto the moor. "Sometimes, when a person's memory's modified, it makes him a bit disorientated for a while and that was a big thing they had to make him forget." They could hear urgent voices as they approached the spot where the Portkeys lay, and when they reached it, they found a great number of witches and wizards gathered around Basil, the keeper of the Portkeys, all clamouring to get away from the campsite as quickly as possible. Mr. Weasley had a hurried discussion with Basil before they joined the queue, and were able to take an old rubber tire back to Stoatshead Hill before the sun had really risen. They walked back through Ottery St. Catchpole and up the damp lane toward the Burrow in the dawn light, talking very little because everyone was so exhausted. As they round the corner and the Burrow came into view, a cry echoed along the lane.