chapter eight

The worst thing on a Monday morning after staying up way too late is hearing your phone ring because you forgot to put it on silent mode. Diana hated that. Especially because she was having this dream. A dream where she was sleeping wrapped in Gavis arms.

WAIT— that wasn't a dream and it was her phone that made these noises. The Portuguese quickly got up while she heard Gavi mumble "turn that off, please" she smiled "come back Ana" he jawed "I really have to answer that"

"Diana?" asked her big brother as she answered her phone "João its way to early why are you calling?" "it's 8 am on a monday, don't you have class?" she sighed "I am not even in Spain and you know that"

"Right nations league" he took a deep breath before confessing "you were right" Diana smiled "I am always right" "Magui and I broke up" Diana grinned "finally, what happened?" "I talked to her about the invitation and things lead to a fight because of what happened at the Grand Prix" began the footballer

"What the hell happened?" asked his sister confused "I heard her flirt with Lando Norris" "OH" she was shocked "he seemed to be such a sweet guy" "He is, I think he didn't even realise that she was flirting but I heard her. I just didn't want to fight with her while we were staying at your place with you and Hugo there"

"Well I am glad that it is finally over" "you are really bad sister" laughed João "I told you months ago that the relationship is dead" stated the 19 year old "I know but I did love her and I still do"

"Promise me that you wouldn't take her back" she heard how he sighed "JOÃO" "its not that easy, Dia. She was a constant in my life for 4 years" (i am in shock that he was 20 while she was only 17 when they started dating. The girl is only 20. my mind in blown)

"It isn't that I didn't like her. I appreciate her for being there to support you and I am pretty sure that she did love you, just not enough" she heard him take a deep breath "Just you know, dating a girl that is 3 years younger wasn't a very smart move. She was 17 and you were 20 when you started dating. This was never destined to end good"

Gavi sat up in the bed of the hotel room and rubbed his eyes "Diana come back to bed its way to early" "Jo, It's very early, can I call you later, I am very tried" he laughed "I really do not want to know, bye" and he hung up.

"Everything alright?" asked Gavi as Diana laid back down next to him. "Joao and Magui broke up" Gavi starred at her with a blank look "I told him that it would be better and I wished for it for ages. But now that they are really over I kinda feel bad" Gavi pulled her into a hug.

"She was 17 when they started dating, he 20. He should've known better than to date her. Now her image is destroyed because of the cheating and—" she cut herself off "She is a nice person that made the wrong choices. She really isn't a bad person. And she was there for him when I wasn't. She loved him even though she made these mistakes"

"Cheating isn't a mistake, its a choice" spoke Gavi up "and one of the first things you told me was that you dislike her" Diana sighed "You make it sound like the world is black and white, but there are thousands shades of grey" she smiled and brushed his hair out of his face.

"So you don't think cheating is bad?" asked the footballer "It is but I think it's always different" answered Diana "So what about Neymar and his fiancé?" "thats very different from João and Magui" argued the girl

"First of she is pregnant and second of he didn't do it for the first time and the third point is that we really shouldn't be up in their business because it's their business not ours" Diana smiled

Gavi listened intently to Diana's perspective, his gaze softening as he tried to understand her point of view. He realized that she saw the world in shades of gray, acknowledging the complexities and nuances of human relationships.

"I suppose you're right," Gavi admitted, a thoughtful expression crossing his face. "Cheating is never justified, but the circumstances and intentions behind it can vary. People make mistakes, and it's essential to consider the whole picture before passing judgment."

Diana nodded, appreciating Gavi's willingness to engage in the conversation. She gently caressed his cheek, a gesture of reassurance and affection. "Relationships are complicated, Gavi. Each one is unique, and we can't fully comprehend the intricacies of other people's experiences. It's important to show empathy and understanding, even when we don't agree with their choices."

Gavi sighed, leaning his head against Diana's hand. "You always have a way of making me see things from a different perspective. I guess that's one of the things I like about you."

A warm smile tugged at Diana's lips as she leaned in to kiss him softly. "And that's one of the things I like about you too, Gavi. We challenge each other to grow and learn, to see beyond our own biases and assumptions."

As they lay there, wrapped in each other's embrace, they contemplated the complexities of human relationships. They realized that love, forgiveness, and understanding were crucial elements in navigating the intricate web of emotions and choices.

"Diana," he whispered, his voice filled with sincerity, "thank you for helping me see things differently. You bring so much clarity and light into my life. I'm grateful to have you by my side."

She smiled, her eyes sparkling with love. "And I'm grateful for you, Gavi. You constantly inspire me to embrace the complexities of life and to grow as a person. Together, I believe we can navigate any shades of gray that come our way."

Moony speaks
There is no reason for them to be this cute because they aren't even officially together