*Edited* Chapter 1

Claudia's POV:

Present Day; Cleveland, Ohio

    I've been in Cleveland for fifteen years, due to the fight I had with Nik about him wanting to do something stupid like always. Anyway, I was going to head back to Mystic Falls today for some scenery change. I'm getting tired of sitting at a bar all night with no one to talk to because they're either on vervain, a werewolf with a grudge against me and my family, or a vampire with the same grudge, or they are just boring.

      So, I'm just sitting at a bar right now drinking bourbon, hoping to find someone to talk to soon. I just wish it was easy to find a person without compelling them. I grasped my bottle and walked out to my Maserati. I got in and headed toward Mystic Falls, which is a six hour drive.

6 long hours later...

     I finally arrived back in Mystic Falls. Right now, I'm headed to the Mystic Grill for a drink. I know I drink a lot, but being a 1000 year old vampire with barely any friends, you'd drink a lot, too. I had good reasons to drink and not only that, it also numbs my feelings. So, anyway I walked into the grill. Right then, I saw a blonde guy working at the bar and a black haired guy sitting with a dirty blonde guy drinking.

"What can I getcha?" The bartender asked, and I smiled.

"Bourbon" I replied, and he nodded.

      He walked to his shelf and got down a bottle of bourbon. Then he poured it and handed me my glass. I downed it and was given another.

"I'm Matt." He said, and I nodded.

"Claudia." I replied, and he smiled.

      The other two men looked over at me and seemed a little bewildered.

"Got a problem, mates?" I asked, but the one guy shook his head.

"No, I'm Alaric, and this idiot is Damon." Alaric said, and I pursed my lips.

"Claudia." I answered, not really finding the two men interesting.

"What's your story?" He asked, and I shrugged.

"Family, but I would think a vampire like Damon would be the same, and friends with a human, really?" I commented, causing them to stiffen.

"Who are you?" Damon asked, and I smirked.

"Claudia Mikaelson." I answered, and their eyes went wide.

"Mikaelson, as in Klaus Mikaelson?" He asked, and I chuckled.

"Yes, her twin brother actually, and how are you, my dear sister?" Nik asked, and I grinned.

      I turned around and jumped off of my seat. I ran over to Nik and hugged him, which he returned, but turned back to being regular Klaus afterward. Right then, I knew they were enemies and everyone they know are enemies, too.

"So brother, what do I need to know?" I asked Nik, and he smirked.

"That is Damon Salvatore, Stefan's brother. Alaric Saltsman, vampire hunter by night, vampire drinking buddy during the day. They also have a few friends, one's a witch named Bonnie Bennet, another's a vampire named Caroline, and one is a doppelgänger named Elena Gilbert." He answered, and I grinned again.

"Doppelgänger?" I asked happily, and he nodded with a chuckle.

"Yes, my sweet sister." He said, and I clapped my hands together in excitement.

     Damon looked a little puzzled by my reaction to Elena.

"What's wrong Damon?" I asked, and he quickly went back to having an emotionless face.