Nico struggled in his own chair, "Help me out"

"Why Nico, you look positively flushed" Ajax grinned, massaging his wrist where the rope had been tied. "Don't tell me you're into this stuff"

Nico turned beetroot red like he had with Hades. Ajax was enjoying this too much. Sure they were in a potentially dangerous situation, sure there was screaming all around them, sure people were most probably dying, sure they had been kidnapped.

But damn it if it wasn't fucking funny.

Ajax strode towards Nico like he had all the time in the world. Sometimes he liked to pretend all his other problems didn't exist. All that mattered was the person in front of him.

"Ajax-"

"Yes, Love?"

"Don't-"

"I'm sorry, you're the one who said it first" Ajax snorted, he flipped his sword in his hand nonchalantly.

"Ajax get me out of the chair" Nico glared. But since Ajax was standing and Nico wasn't, it didn't look that intimidating.

Ajax pressed his sword to Nico's chin and lifted his head slightly, forcing the son of Hades to look at him. They both looked like they had seen better days. Their clothes were mangled and torn, Their eyebags were dark under their eyes, they had grown skinny the past few days and not to mention getting kidnapped and fighting against every god damn monster they came acorss.
Nico looked like a reanimated corpse. He looked beautiful.

Nico glared at him defiantly. "Avery"

"I like your last name better" Ajax said, "And besides, you had your fun pointing your sword at my throat, I think it's my turn"

Ajax saw Nico swallow. His adam's apple bobbled up and down. His black t-shirt had turned a dirty sort of dark grey, cuts everywhere. The wound on his arm from Lycan looked better though.

Ajax dropped his sword and leaned in, his thumb brushed against Nico's cheek. They had been through so much, the past few months. Something was coming up continously, some monster, some challenge, some fight.

Moments like these when they were alone were so rare. Ajax felt Nico's breath hitch. He tried not to look too smug about it.

Under the god awful flourescent lights, Nico's eyes didn't seem a soft brown like they were, but instead they looked like pools of darkness. Like blackholes, pulling Ajax in.

He was helpless to stop his reaction.

He wasn't sure if he would ever get tired of Nico di Angelo.

He leaned in slowly, giving Nico the option to back off. No matter what they had been through, whatever this thing between them was, Ajax wanted to let him know he didn't have to do this if he didn't want to.

"Just kiss me, Dammit" Nico surged forward, though the rope held him back. He connected their lips, and the whole world faded away.

Ajax was barely aware of the fact that his left hand was cupping Nico's cheek and his right hand had cut Nico's ropes. As soon as he was free, Nico rushed his arms around Ajax's neck, pulling him in.

Ajax felt weak in the knees, like he should be the one sitting down. Any moment he could collapse, Nico just needed to say the word.

Nico rubbed his thumb against Ajax's jaw, and gods- holy shit. Ajax's brain short circuited. He almost straddled Nico right then, leaning in, in, in-

The door burst open with such force and so suddenly that Nico and Ajax toppled backwards in the chair. A girl around their age entered the room, but the two boys couldn't see her yet, only her shoes.

Nico scrambled to his feet, a red flush on his cheeks. Ajax was less graceful, leaning on Nico for support to get up. The girl wore a grey camouflage jacket had a bow in hand. She frowned at the two and in a very businesslike manner strode over to Coach only to slap him so hard he jolted awake.

"What? WHo- Avery? di Angelo?"

"Good, now that you're all awake, if you'll follow me please"

"Who are you? Where's Reyna?" Nico stepped over the chair, how he looked so calm was beyond Ajax. His lips still tingled from the touch, he still yearned for Nico's hand in his hair, the feeling of Nico's cheek under his palm, his cold skin under him-

Ajax forced himself to think about something else. Anything else. Unfortunately, the anything else were blood curdling screams in the hallway.

"My name's Julianna" The girl said, "And you need to follow me"

"What's going on?"

"I don't know you tell me" Julianna looked between Nico and Ajax accusatorily. she narrowed her eyes and drew her eyebrows together.

"It wasn't like that-" Ajax said immediately, "I mean it was just kissing-"

"I don't care" She shrugged, "Follow me"

She didn't look back, just walked out. Ajax had to go and free Coach from his chair who kept grumbling about "Teenagers" or "Inappropriate activities" or "Protection"

Which made Nico and Ajax want to curl up in a ball and die. Still, Ajax put a hand on Nico's shoulder and walked out behind him.