twenty-one*

I rlly hope you guys liked the last chapter I worked oh so hard on it and it's so important to the plot!!!!! /s

Okay but genuinely make sure you've read chapters 19 and 20 because I posted them back to back and already I've seen people not noticing chapter 19's up lol

Chapter 19's an important one! 20 is... fun I guess, it was just me having a troll haha

anyway enjoy this fucking monster it's 6,300 words and I wrote all of it in less than 24 hours (I am diseased)

TW: smut (finally 😌), 18+ only - no minors allowed‼️ blood, blood drinking, bloodplay, temporary paralysis

  Just when I thought I'd seen the last of the soccer parents for another year, Mirilla's daughter invites the entire team over for a slumber party.

  I hang my head and groan when I get the text from my daughter. Jess, Peter and Miguel glance over from the station in concern as I slip from the seat and crumple to the floor in despair.

  "Dude, I think your girlfriend's malfunctioning," Peter says to Miguel.

  Ignoring them, I type furiously on my phone from the floor.

Me:
pay attention in class 😠
Read

Papita:
ok >:(
9:54am

  "Y/n? Cariño?" Miguel drops to the floor, places his hands on his hips and approaches my slumped figure. There's a hint of amusement in his voice as he stares down at me. "Are you alright?"

  I send him an annoyed scowl. "We have to see Mirilla again."

  Miguel scrunches his nose. "Oh." He bends down and helps me to my feet. He brushes my shoulders and smoothens my hair as I glare at the spider symbol on his chest. "That's still not something to fall to the floor over."

  "Easy for you to say," I mutter. "You're not the one she's trying to shove aside."

  "Hey." He taps the bottom of my chin. I grumpily meet his eyes. "What do you have to be worried about? You think I'd move dimensions for you just to dump you?"

  "I'm not worried," I clarify through gritted teeth. "It's just the principle of it."

  "Hey-" Peter interjects from where he's sitting on the edge of the elevated platform, legs swinging. "Is anyone gonna point out the fact that neither of you denied the whole 'girlfriend' thing, or is this just something for me to mull over by myself?"

  Jess swipes Peter's shoulder and shakes her head. He raises his palms in defence.

  "No, seriously, Miguel," Jess calls down, "we've got a whole case of anomalies that need your attention."

  Miguel sends them a glare. "I'll just be a minute."

  "They're totally dating, right?" Peter murmurs to Jess.

  Miguel exhales in disbelief before returning his attention to me. The entire interaction managed to pull a smile to my face. I'm still pissed, though. Definitely pissed.

  "Can we talk when this whole thing is sorted?" he asks with a nod of his head at the platform.

  I sigh through my teeth. "Yeah, I guess."

  Miguel tilts his head with a soft smile. That alone has my irritation eroding away. How can I be annoyed at anything when I get to be the recipient of a look like that?