008

"you can just drop me here," sunoo pulls jay's jacket, signalling him to stop right in front of a waiting shed near their house.

"you sure?" jay parks the scooter. "isn't this still far from your house?"

"nope, i just have to walk around thirty steps." sunoo chuckles, trying to remove the helmet. "why is this so hard to remove?"

the older watched him struggle for a bit before moving closer, his hands unclasping the strap right below sunoo's chin. sunoo inhaled sharply when he felt jay's cold hands touching his face.

"there," jay finally removes the helmet from his head. "you can't even do this? what a child."

"i'm not a child!" he rolled his eyes playfully while jay just laughed at him.

sunoo couldn't help but notice how jay seemed to be more comfortable with him now. he suppressed his smile, getting happy at the thought of gaining another friend.

a ring from his phone stopped his thoughts. sunoo takes his phone out to check, and his eyes widened when he saw all the missed calls and texts from jake and jungwon.

53 missed calls?! i wasn't even gone that long!

he checks his wristwatch. it's already 6 pm?! how is time going so fast?

"oh... crap." sunoo looks at jay, "i really have to go now, see you soon!"

"okay, be careful—" before jay could even finish his sentence, sunoo had already ran away, waving his hands in the air. "nevermind, looks like he's in a hurry."

what am i even doing? all the things that he did earlier finally sinks down, and he realizes how dumb he is for letting sunoo do whatever he wants.

he doesn't even know me. how could he trust me that easily?

---------

"hi mom!" sunoo rushed quickly to hug his mother when he entered their home. she's sitting on their couch whilst watching her favorite drama.

his mom smiled at him and kissed his cheek. "hello pumpkin, did you go somewhere?"

he nodded. "yeah, kind of. i was with a friend." his mother stared at him before fixing his hair.

"that sounds great. how are you feeling? i hope you didn't overexert yourself again."

"mom, don't worry about me. i can handle myself..." he pouted. "i'm feeling great!"

she chuckled and hugged her son tighter. "okay, whatever you say. by the way, jake stopped by earlier and he was looking for you."

sunoo's eyes widened. i forgot about him for a second. "i'll call him later, thanks mom!" he kisses her cheek before going inside his room.

----------

[ noo's guardians ]

sunoo:
hii
how's my guardians?
😄

jungwon:
what guardians
u don't have one anymore

sunoo:
wonie 😭😭😭

jungwon:
nah uh
u don't get to play that card
where the hell did you even go?
I ALMOST LOST MY SHIT BC JAKE WAS CALLING ME NONSTOP IN THE MIDDLE OF MY CLASS
HE THOUGHT U GOT KIDNAPPED

sunoo:
i'm sorry 😭
I SWEAR I'M RLY RLY SORRY 😭😭😭
my phone was on silent so i didn't notice your calls
:((((