Chapter 3

As Zexion closed the door as quietly as he can, he heard his adopted father clear his throat, he cringed at the noise.

"Where have you been? I've been texting you nonstop!" Vexen said.

"I didn't get any texts, and I was out with a friend," Zexion said half lying.

"Zexion, you know what I said about you being out with friends, always te-"

"Text you when im out past curfew or with friends outside the college, I know, and I'm sorry," Zexion said heading up the stairs.

"Who was it?" Vexen said.

"Im sorry?" Zexion questioned.

"The person you were with, who was it, I didn't recognize the car out front," Vexen asked.

Here we go, Zexion thought, Vexen was very protective of his son, to the point where he monitored who he hung out with.

"It was some guy I met at my job." He said.

"So we're hanging out with strangers past curfew now?" Vexen said.

"Dad-"

"Dont dad me, you know our agreement when you went to college"

"I didn't know it went to who I could hang out with."

"Zexion," Vexen said.

But Zexion went to his room before Vexen could say anything. When he closed the door to his room he took a big sigh, when Zexion was allowed to go to college he thought he would have more freedom. But of course, his father wouldn't have that, he said no to dorms, partying, and hanging out with anyone who doesn't fit his idea of a 'well-adjusted young person' which led to many awkward and boring "friend" meet-ups of people his father orchestrated.

He just wanted to find himself finally, a college cliche he recognizes but was true, he wanted to finally be himself and not be this perfect doll his father created, but then he remembered what Demyx said.

"I just had to be brave, just jump into it and hope I'll be ok." He thought about what he always wanted to do, something he was always scared of doing, and then he got it. He called Demyx right away to tell him his plan.

"Hello?" Demyx answered.

"I was thinking about what you said, about being brave, and I think I know what to do to help me."

"Really? What is it," He asked.

"Meet me a few blocks down my house, I'll tell you there." He said while he hung up.

He checked if his father went to bed and thank god he did, he went to the window of his room and opened it, he tried to cancel out the voice that was telling him not to go out that window, and he did by jumping down, he landed on his knees and fell forward, letting out a groan. He hopped the fence and met Demyx where he said he would meet him.

"Hey." zexion said panting.

"Hey, so why did you want to meet me here?" He asked.

"Because I thought about what you said, I need to be brave, so I thought, what is braver than getting something on my body for the rest of my life," Zexion said.

"You're going to get a tattoo? Alright but why do I have to come along?" Demyx asked.

"Im not sure, I just felt like I needed you by my side, and I need a ride," He said.

"Im flattered to be your chauffeur," Demyx said bowing with his hand on his chest.

Zexion chuckled, they drove to the nearest tattoo shop that was open.

"So what are you going to get?" Demyx asked.

"It's a secret," He said.

"Ooh mysterious, I like them mysterious." He said.

He scoffed at him but his heart felt like it was going to come out of his chest, he thought it was because he was going to get a tattoo on a whim but he knew it was because of Demyx, he would never admit this aloud but Demyx was very attractive to him, he didn't know why though, he wasn't much his type but he was handsome especially right now with how close he is right now, he was hovering over him to look at the booklet in the shop, he could feel his closeness getting to him, he never felt like this before about someone, he was very antisocial so something like this would be annoying to him but because it was Demyx he kinda liked it.

"Did you find something you like?" The artist said, checking Zexion back into reality.

"Oh uh, I think I know what I want now," Zexion said.

"Alright come with me."

"I'll be right here," Demyx said, waving at him.

Zexion waved back, still having this fluttering in his heart.