Chapter 1

Zexion rushed from his class to the bookstore, of course, he thought I had to get double booked today. He made it through the halls to the courtyard, just across the street he could see the bookstore, but when he was rushing down the street a car almost ran him over. 

  "Hey! Watch where you're going asshole!" He said.

Zexion ran towards the bookstore and barged In, he went to the back to put his backpack away. 

  "Cutting it close zexion." His manager said.

  "I know I'm sorry, I had a class just now so that's why I'm a little late." He said.

  "Ok, but next time be more prepared ok?" 

  "I understand," Zexion said.

Be more prepared, he should be more prepared for a two weeks notice he thought. Zexion took a breath and clocked in, he went up front to the register to start his shift. 

  "Welcome, how can I help you today." 

He looked at the man and started to feel something in his change, he had a blonde mullet with blue-green eyes that felt like it was looking straight into him, he had a guitar case on his back.

  "You seem a lot nicer now." He said.

  "What do you mean?" Zexion asked.

  "Well, I do remember you saying to me 'Watch where you're going asshole'" 

Zexion felt his heart sink, and his cheeks heated up just a bit. 

  "Oh my God, I'm so sorry, I was in a bad mood and just in a rush to get here, please forgive me." He said.

  "Haha it's alright, I wanted to say sorry for almost running you over." The man said.

  "Ah I see, I still shouldn't have acted like that," Zexion said.

  "Hey it's alright, I would be pretty peeved if that happened to me." The man said. 

 Zexion chuckled a bit.

  "I also wanted to get this." 

He handed over a book titled 'music theory 101', zexion scanned and bagged it while the man paid.

  "So, how's it like working here?" He asked.

  "Well, it's fine I suppose, although my manager can get on my nerves," Zexion said.

  "Ah I get that, I work at the pizza place not too far from here and my boss is so crabby."

Zexion laughs a little and the man leans over while resting himself on the counter.

  "So, whatcha up to after this?" 

  "Probably go home and study." He says.

  "Well, can you squeeze in a pizza date in that schedule?" He asks.

Zexion is taken aback by the sudden notion, he can feel his heart racing, he never gets asked to go on dates mostly because of his schedule and father.

  "Well I, I don't know, I would love to but-" 

  "Oh c'mon, please! I want to apologize for what happened earlier." The man said, now having his hands in a pleading position.

Zexion would love to go, it's not like he gets asked to go on dates, but his father can be a little protective, but while thinking about the options he glances at the man and can't help not to say no to him.

  "Fine, I'll go, I get off at 6." He says.

  "Yes! It's a date!" The man says excitedly.

Zexion gets a little flustered by the word 'date', and the man starts to leave.

  "Wait, I didn't get your name." Zexion calls out.

  "Oh, sorry, I'm Demyx, I'll be sure to pick you up ok?" He says while giving a thumbs up. 

  "Yeah, that's fine." He says while also giving a thumbs up.