CHAPTER 2

Zexion got his backpack from the back and headed out the door, he waited outside until Demyx arrived, he saw a car pull up front and Demyx got out of the driver's seat and walked towards zexion.

  "Hey, are you ready to get out of here?" Demyx said.

  "No, I just like standing here in the cold," Zexion smirked.

  "Hehe, I like your sarcasm." He said.

They both got in the car and headed to the pizza place, they walk in and one of the people in the back sees Demyx.

  "Hey, I thought you said you were too busy to get a shift." The man said.

  "Yeah, I'm busy with a date." He said gesturing towards Zexion. 

Zexion felt his mouth get dry, he never got introduced like this before, he awkwardly waved. 

  "Ha! Well sit down, I'll serve you in a minute." 

They both take a seat, they don't talk for a while mostly because they don't know what to talk about.

  "So, how was work?" Demyx asked.

  "It was fine," Zexion said.

They both get pizza but eat in silence, Demyx doesn't know how to feel, usually, he's really good on dates but for some reason, zexion makes him nervous but in a good way, he's never felt like this before.

  "So what do you major in?" Demyx asks.

  "Oh, I major in English and biochemical engineering." He says.

  "Oh wow, I can never do bio-whatever, it sounds hard." He says.

  "Hehe, it's a little hard but it's interesting to me, but I'm not sure if I want to take that route" 

  "How come?" He says.

  "Well I'm only taking it because of my father, he teaches that class." 

  "Ah I see, I feel you though, my parents are doctors and they wanted me to take something doctor-y, but I can't do it, music is my life." 

  "I see, I wish I could do that," Zexion said.

  "Why not, I mean it's your life, not theirs." 

  "It's not that easy, my father is strict and has high expectations for me. How would a biochemist teacher react to his son being a poet?"

  "That's fair, I kinda had the same feeling." 

  "What made you do something like that?"  

  "I just had to be brave, jump into it, and hope I'll be ok," Demyx said.

  "I see, I'm not sure if I'm brave enough." He said.

  "Well, think about someone brave, that's what I did." 

  "Who did you think of?" Zexion asked.

  "David Bowie, but now saying about it, it sounds dumb." 

  "Well everyone has a hero." He said.

They finish their pizzas and head out to the night, they get into the car while zexion tells him his address.

  "So how was the pizza, it would have been better if I made heh," Demyx said.

  "Hehe, it was good, too much sauce though." 

  "Yeah haha" 

They make it to Zexion's house and Demyx parks out front. 

  "Well, this is me.* Zexion said.

  "Remember what I said, you just have to take a leap of faith," Demyx said.

He put his hand on his shoulder and zexion felt his heart race, he forgot what to say to him.

   "Yeah, uh I'll keep that in mind," Zexion said while stammering.

He got out of the car, Demyx wanted to walk him to the door but zexion insisted that he didn't have to do that, mostly for Demyx's sake.

  "I'll text you ok?" Demyx said.

  "Ok," zexion said with a thumbs up.

He walks to the door and hopes that he doesn't get a lecture from his father.