Kabanata 12

Kabanata 12

I decided to go back to Manila with Sancho after. He still has work at masyado ko na rin siyang naaabala. But before that I asked to talk to Caspian again. I just wanted to apologize to him for what my parents have done. Although I knew that it wouldn't be enough.

Sancho knew that we met for the last time before we went back to Manila at that time. He was there when I talked to Caspian and even he also apologized to him. Kahit hindi naman na talaga iyon kailangan. I'm his wife but he doesn't really have to do that apologizing as well on behalf of my parents. Sinabi ko na rin kanila Mama at Papa na humingi din sila ng tawad kay Caspian.

After that nakabalik na nga kami sa Manila. It was settled for the next months. I stayed at our house while Sancho became busier with his career. And I was trying to do something online. Gusto ko na magpatuloy sa pagtatrabaho lalo na at wala naman akong ginagawa sa bahay. But I couldn't focus yet dahil naiiwan pa rin ang isipan ko sa nangyaring nalaman kong buhay nga si Caspian.

And after all we couldn't really talk that much. I want to ask him. I still have questions.

Nand'yan pa si Ynes at pati na rin ang Mama ni Sancho. And I thought that maybe I'll just give it up. But it wasn't that easy.

Until we heard that the date for Caspian and Ynes's wedding was already set. Imbitado kami ni Sancho dahil kapatid siya ni Ynes. So again after a few months we came back to Iloilo to attend their wedding.

Napansin ko rin na medyo malaki at halata na rin pala ang tiyan ni Ynes nang kinasal sila.

And I can't help it to watch Caspian as he was wearing his wedding suit and waiting for his bride. Hindi ko lang mapigilan na mapatingin din sa kaniya. There's just a bittersweet memory of us. Minsan din kasi namin itong pinangarap na dalawa na ikakasal kami. But we ended up marrying different people.

I do not regret my marriage with Sancho. Although I know that may mga aayusin pa rin kami sa relasyon namin. Hindi lang din talaga kami makahanap ng time because of his busy career schedules. But I'm positive na maaayos din namin ang lahat.

Bumaling ako sa katabi ko rito sa loob ng simbahan. Sancho was also watching his sister getting married. Nagbaba ako ng tingin and I watched his hand. I wanted to hold his hand, and to make him feel na gusto ko ring mas ayusin pa ang relasyon naming dalawa. Okay naman kami ni Sancho hanggang ngayon pero hindi maayos iyong naging simula namin and I just want to be clear with him so that we could focus on our relationship, too.

Bumaling muli ako sa harapan kung saan nag-exchange na ng vows nila sina Caspian at Ynes. I may still have some questions about them, but I guess I'll just leave it here now. Siguro ay dapat na lang kaming mag-focus sa mga kaniya kaniya naming buhay. And realize that what Caspian and I had was a memory now...

From now on I must too focus with my relationship with Sancho and our future together.

Since then it's been peaceful with our families. Sa Manila kami nananatili ni Sancho dahil nandoon madalas ang trabaho niya. And I started to think about what I want for myself kagaya ng pagtatrabaho. I also mentioned and opened it up again to Sancho at ito ang sinabi niya sa akin.

"I'm thinking of retiring early." He said.

Nagkatinginan kaming dalawa.

"From your career?" I have to ask him because he's still on the peak of his career now. Dati pa siyang sikat pero patuloy pa rin ang pagsikat niya hanggang ngayon. And I thought that it would be sad for his fans...

But Sancho nodded to me. "Yes... I'm thinking of going back to Iloilo... May pinamana sa ating bahay at mga lupain si Lolo and I think I can work on another asukarera business there." He said.