Chapter : 6

Jiah

After a week of laying low, Jungkook was back in action. He'd spent the past few days quietly slouching beside me, dozing off in every class, and sneaking out early. I wondered how this boy got into higher secondary with this behavior of his, why nobody scolded him, then Ji yeon's words echoed in my head, that his father owned king group. He was just one of those rich spoiled brat and nothing else.

But now, he was back into action. Ji yeon had warned me about him, but I didn't expect things to escalate this quickly.

The last showdown between him and jimin in the playground was intense, reminding me of Christmas showdown of tokyo revengers anime, anyways. And since then, Jimin had been nowhere to be seen in our class. With Jungkook's return, it seemed like the tension was mounting around the classroom. Whatever was going on, but one thing was clear that Jungkook was some big deal.

Lunch break was supposed to be a peaceful respite from the chaos of the classroom, but Jungkook had other plans. As i sat with Ji yeon and some classmates, enjoying a rare moment of tranquility, Jungkook swaggered in and took the seat next to me. His smirk sent a chill down my spine as he locked eyes with me.

" I said I'll only listen to you, Jiaa ." he teased, his smile more taunting than friendly.

" Jungkook , if you're here to bully her, just get out," ji yeon interjected from the other side of the table.

" I'll only listen to her," he retorted with a shrug.

" then do me a favor, " I said, glaring at him, " get out of here" the table erupted in laughter, though I meant every word.

His smile momentarily wavered as the laughter surrounded him, but it quickly morphed into a smug grin, " I can't do that. Ask me anything else," he replied, nonchalantly taking the last cutlet(side dish) from my plate and biting on it.

" Jungkook! I was saving that for the last," I nearly screamed, drawing the eyes of everyone around us.

Feigning shock, he clapped his hands dramatically,
" oh, I had no idea," he exclaimed, then turned to a boy at the next table "Hey, you, get her some more cutlets." Promptly, the boy scurried away and returned with a full plate of the side dish. I sighed, a mix of annoyance and disbelief washing over me.

He had been pulling this " I'll do whatever you tell me to do" shit since yesterday, ever since that math teacher asked me to help him with his studies. It was clear that biased teacher was completely obsessed with him. I was seething with anger at him now. He had been following me all day since yesterday, he once put his bike keys in my pocket and followed me to library where teacher scolded me for shouting loudly in the library.

I shook my head in disbelief, but then, out of nowhere, he reached out and put his hand around my neck, lifting my hair away from soup. I didn't realize until I looked down at soup.

" your hair was about to dive into the soup, princess," he said, his sudden action catching me off guard.

" princess -" my voice trailed off as he leaned in close, bringing his face dangerously close to mine. I angrily bumped my head into his, and he let out a yelp of pain.

As the day wore on, Jungkook remained by my side, unaffected by the laughter around us or the bump on his head. It baffled me how he never seemed tired or annoyed by the constant teasing and chaos. I continued eating, pointedly ignoring him.

The school day eventually dragged to an end. And i made my way home, each step echoing with the looming thought of upcoming birthday. It wasn't just another day - it felt like a pivot point. Although we both knew we didn't like each other, something about this birthday felt like it was set to change everything. The thought alone was enough to send my mood swinging wildly ; not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, yet it couldn't be brushed off as nothing either.