Chapter : 3

Jiah

" jiah, this is not seoul. Keep a low profile here" he hissed, the words barely audible over the hum of students in the hallway. " I don't want rumors spreading that you're my fiancée."

I stood there, taken aback by his fierce intensity. The urge to retaliate was strong, but I managed only a "hmm" in response, my emotions a tangled mess.

Before I could muster a more coherent reply, the sound of the washroom door creaking open cut our confrontation short. Ji yeon stepped out, her timing couldn't have been more awkward. Taehyung's eyes flickered towards her, and whatever else he might have said was swallowed by ji yeon's sudden appearance. With a sharp turn, he walked away, his steps quick and determined.

Ji yeon approached me with a puzzled look, " jiah.." she started, her voice filled with curiosity rather than concern,
" what's up with Taehyung? What was he talking about? He looked like he'd seen a ghost."

I hesitated, unsure of what lie to spin. Ji yeon and I weren't particularly close, especially not after just one day of school. But I couldn't very well tell her the truth - that Taehyung was my fiancé, and he had just given me a dressing down like a misbehaving kid.

" he's the class president," I blurted out, grasping for a plausible explanation.
" he probably just wanted to remind me about visiting the class teacher or something."

Ji yeon raised an eyebrow, clearly unconvinced by my flimsy excuse, but thankfully, she didn't press further. Instead, she changed the subject, launching into a lively discussion about our upcoming class project.

Relief flooded through me as the conversation shifted away from Taehyung and his domineering presence. But even as I laughed and chatted with ji yeon, a nagging feeling lingered in the back of my mind for all day - an irritating thoughts that why he's so full of himself? If he thinks that he can treat me like shit and will get away, then he got himself the wrong life to born into. I won't let him ruin my life, cause only I know how to ruin it....

                     * * * * * * * * * *

Damnn!! His words still hitting me lika a barrage of needles, each one piercing deeper than the last. Who the hell does he think he is, throwing around that " fiancé" crap? Screw that. I'm not buying into it, not for a second.

Whenever I'm hurt, my language becomes harsh. I lose my all patience and ready to throw fits.

As the car sped towards home, I couldn't shake the feeling of dread gnawing at my insides. Going back there felt like a prison sentence, trapped in that bogus mansion with its ancient facade that fooled everyone into thinking it was some fairytale castle. But let me tell you, there was nothing fairytale about it.

Grandpa was obsessed with the damnn place, refusing us to let us so much as breath on a wall without his approval. And don't even get me started on the army of maids lurking in every corner, ready to pounce the moment I set foot in the place. I didn't want anyone hovering around me, but no, grandpa had to go and hire some bodyguard, like I'm some mafia boss in need of protection.

She was woman in her thirties, for god's sake. What did he think I was going to do, start a war? I'm not exactly running the world here. So why the hell did grandpa act like I'm the sole survivor of the titanic or something?

I couldn't help but feel sorry for the poor woman, standing guard outside the school. She'd be waiting in the car while I would be stuck inside studying.

I rolled down the window and felt cool wind touched my face, momentarily freeing me from everything. Sumin shot me a glare from the side mirror but quickly adjusted herself and refocused on the road as we entered a tunnel. The artificial lights streaked by in a blur, casting eerie shadows that flickered across the car's interior.