Chapter Twenty-Four

Serena.

I stepped back and looked in the mirror. The dress was fitted at the top with a sweetheart line and covered with a bunch of sparkles and jewels. The bottom was a flare-out that came down to my knees and it had glitter on it. I had on some silver little heels covered in both glitter and jewels. My earrings and necklace were white and silver. Monae came out in her light blue dress. Her dress was fitted from top to bottom with one strap across her chest. It was covered in gold jewels and rine-stones in the shape of stars. She wore white little heels with gold stars on them. We turned to Chres and Zeke whose mouths were open. Chres got up with his hand on his chin walking towards me slowly looking me up and down.
"What do you think?" I asked looking into his eyes. He turned me around and took off the necklace I had on and pulled a box out his pocket. It's another ring? I looked down at the promise ring I had on my finger.
"It's not another ring." He said as if he could read my mind. He opened the box and revealed a silver necklace with a heart on it. He put it around my neck. It felt a little heavier than a regular necklace.
"Open it." He whispered in my ear lookimg at my eyes through the mirror. It's a lockette. I opened it and it had a picture of us the day he asked me to prom on the left but, the right side was empty. I gave him a confused look.
"It's for a later date." He whispered. I closed the lockette and looked at it. It had S&C forever engraved on the front and our date 11.8.14 on the back. My heart melted. I smiled looking at the necklace then frowned.
"What's wrong?" He said turning me around.
"You keep getting me things. I feel bad." I said lookimg down.
"It's fine. It's my job to spoil you." He laughed. I smiled and kissed him softly and he kissed me back adding his tongue.
"Sooo..I take it. You like the dress?" The cashier said. We broke away. Chres looked annoyed.
"Yea, I'll take it." I went back to the dressing room.

Monae.

"Zekeee. Stooop." I trying to stop him from sucking my neck. He chuckled.
"I'm buying the dress too." I told the cashier. He nodded and followed Rena into the dressing room. I saw Chres, he had an annoyed look on his face. I stepped into the room.
"What's wrong with ya boy?" I looked at Rena. She unzipped the back of her dress.
"He doesn't like the cashier."
"Ohhh. Zeke doesn't like him either." I said putting my clothes back on. I saw the necklace around her neck. A wave of jealousy hit me. Zeke never gets me anything like that.
"Nice necklace." I said blankly.
"Thanks. It's a lockette." She cheesed.
"True. I'm ready for this championship though. Next week. Leggo." I made my ballin gesture. She frowned.
"What's wrong?" I looked at her with seriousness.
"Um, coach said...People from Florida State....scouted me and they want me. They just gotta see how the champiomship go and they give me a full ride to college." I saw tears in her eyes. I knew what she was thinking. She didn't wanna leave her friends...especially Chres.
"It's okay." I hugged her. I mean of course I felt bad...but, when she's gone, I'll just keep him company....no biggy.
Serena.

I still haven't told Chres anything yet. I planned on telling him after prom. Monae seemed oddly calm about the situation. I guess she's just tryna be strong about it. I grabbed my dress and walked out with Monae. Zeke amd Chres paid for our dresses and we headed to get the boys' suits done.
-
Zeke.

I don't have enough money to get Monae her what I want her to have. It's 300$ only have 250$ saved up. It's a necklace of course but, different. It's diamond incrusted with our names engraved on it. I know she'll love it. I feel bad. I can't give her that much. I need to work harder for it. My job ain't bringing in shit. I need to upgrade. I will this summer though. Anything for her.
"You good bro?" Chres said fixing my bow tie.
"Nah..." I scratched my neck.
"What's wrong?" I looked in the mirror.
"I need to bring in more money. This bullshit ass job ain't working for me."
I said adjusting my sleeves.
"Ohhh. You tryna get some for ya girl?...I'll give you some money. No pay back bro." I looked at him.
"Oh hell nah. I can't do that to you bro. Nah. Nahh. I'll get it." He grabbed my hand and put 500$ in it.
"My parents spoil me to death yo. Believe me, it ain't nothing. Keep it. Buy yo girl something nice. Take her out. I understand." He went back to fixing his suit. I looked at the money, then at him.
"Thanks bro. I owe you a lot." He smiled and dapped me up. We put on our jackets and walked out to the girls.

Serena.

Monae and I looked up went we saw Chres and Zeke walk out. They both had on all white suits only, Chres had a pink handchief and Zeke had a light blue one. I hugged Chres.
"You look soo cutee." I said in a high voice. He laughed. I could smell his cologne. I hugged him again and didn't let go. He looked down at me then laughed when he saw me smelling him.
"Stop laughing."
"Why? It's funny." He said wrapping his arms around my waist.
"Just buy the suit." I pulled away from him and sat down. He turned and walked away. Monae sat next to me and Zeke walked off to the dressing room.
"Girlll Zeke looks sooo good." She said showing me the pics she just took off him. I shook my head and chuckled. That girl something else. I'm ready for this game to happen.

Read! Vote! Comment! Find out what happens next.