41 - He's Involved With Me..

Start from the beginning

"That's a relief."

"Yeah. We are suspecting that these dating allegations are actually a decoy, something to definitely harm Mr Kim's reputation but also to divert his attention away from other things going around him. We suspect the two issues to be connected, although we are yet to find proof of that. We will have a meeting again in two days, with the progress of the investigation, unless something urgent comes up. If that's the case, we will let Mr Park know immediately"

"Okay." Jimin answered after glancing at Taehyung, who seemed to be deep in thought. "That sounds good."

"Okay then. If there is nothing else, we can-"

"-Actually-" Taehyung had to take a deep breath to calm his mind. Because what he's about to do, will change things forever.

"Yes, Mr Kim?"

"Could you run the investigation in one more direction? Find out if there's any connection with the mafia or the woman and one other person?"

"Sure, Mr Kim. Who is it?"

Taehyung glanced back at Jimin, who gave a confirming nod. "Jeon Jungkook."

The silence that spread through the room was thick with tension. Taehyung had to admire the professionalism of the team they hired because none of them showed any signs of surprise.

"Uhhh.. idol Jeon Jungkook?" Mr Yoo asked in a calm voice, only a hint of surprise coloring it. "Are you insinuating Jeon Jungkook is involved in the mafia?"

"Nope." Taehyung sighed. "I'm saying that he's involved with me."

_______________________________

The car ride back home was uncomfortably silent. Jimin tried to ask about what happened but Taehyung silenced him with a look, gesturing towards the driver and the new bodyguard.

Taehyung sent a message asking about where Jungkook is and the idol replied saying him and Hoseok are in the apartment. So after dismissing the bodyguard, Taehyung made his way directly to Jungkook's apartment, followed by Jimin.

He opened the door, and as expected, Jungkook and Hoseok were waiting for them in the living room.

Jungkook waited till the two newcomers settled down with their drinks, before raising a questioning gaze at his fiance.

"What happened, Tae?"

Taehyung, assisted by Jimin, explained what happened at the security meeting. He was sort of worried whether Jungkook would not like their relationship being exposed like this but the latter gave a reassuring smile.

"I'm sorry, Jungkook. I should have asked you first."

"It's okay, Tae." Jungkook ran his hand over the actor's lower thigh in a soothing manner. "We can withhold information, and expect them to carry out their investigation successfully."

"What made you think this has something to do with Jungkook, Tae?"

Taehyung relayed what he and Jungkook talked about in the hotel room in Paris.

"Over the years, only a handful of people knew about our relationship. Not even our families know."

Jungkook nodded in agreement. "After that live, people know that I've been in a relationship for years but they shouldn't know it's with Tae."

"Could someone have accidentally found out?" Hoseok asked in a concerned voice but Jungkook shook his head.

"Not likely. Unless they matched my schedule with everyone else. I mean, I've had many fan speculations over the years but never with Tae. Even back then, fans never shipped us because we didn't have any public interactions."