The New Member

(y/n)

I saw her, my oldest companion and friend, flying high above the sky. The same ethereal wings at her back and her thick red velvet hair gently swaying behind her.

A moment pass and some words were spoken, but the next thing I knew, I was high up in the air with Irys hugging me.

"(y/n)!"

"Irys!" I smiled back, her voice giving me comfort "Heh, so it is you! No wonder I'm here"

"What are you doing here?" she asked.

From that, I raise my brow, curious what she's talking about.

"What? Didn't you bring be back?"

"I can't do that!" Irys said "You think I would have only done that now!?"

"Well I won't take it against you if you forgot!"

"I TRIED ALRIGHT!"

"Maybe you should put me down" I asked. Looking down, I see that we've made a significant progress on leaving the atmosphere.

"Just a few more minutes please..." she said, her voice softer "This is you right? You're back?"

"I think so little one..." I said, stroking her hair, careful not to touch her horns "I did say we'll have another life time hehe"

"I missed you" she said before we were interrupted by a blast of fire. Irys was barely able to dodge before we were separated by a fire clad being. It flew fast between us and immediately aimed to attack once again

"WHO THE HELL ARE YOU!?" the being screeched before diving towards me.

I shifted my body, trying to accelerate downwards as fast as I can.

"IRYS! HELP!!" I screamed, turning back, looking for the Nephilim.

I can feel the rising temperature in the sky. Aside from dragons, only one other creature has dominion over the skies and fires.

A blade wreathed with flames soon started homing towards me, its' wielder is a girl with orange hair and blue highlights. Her hair was like the morning flame.

'A full fledge phoenix. Just my luck, guess they're all together...'

"Wait, Kiara senpai!" Irys screamed as she flew towards me. The phoenix's blade was right in front of me. I grabbed the phoenix by her wrist to move myself and dodge, pulling her down and pushing myself up. From that short contact, I've burnt my hand.

"LEAVE IRYS" A blast of flame came towards me only for Irys to grab me by the chest to avoid the blast. We immediately landed on the ground, the backyard of a simple dormitory near the woods. At the very least, I can maneuver better here.

The phoenix once again swooped in. I dodged only to meet someone else. A woman with black hair and red eyes, the katana she was wielding was pointed straight towards my neck. I rotate my hips to dodge the thrust but a kick was waiting for me. I raise my guard to take the blow and got knocked back a few feet. The attack did not stop and a flurry of slashes and thrusts came for me, leaving no opening to regain my balance.

However, her moves were familiar. The next downward swing, I locked her arms with my left and followed her motion, moving down then throwing her to the ground, stopping her momentum and letting me recover for a moment.

Then, a fist came. A body blow to the liver. Again, I follow her motion, catching her arm and rotating my hips then throwing her. Another woman with exquisite gloves and sunglasses.

"Not bad" I comment "Very interesting!" I can feel my blood pumping. This is the first time I've met such an interesting group.

"Surrender now!" the katana wielder said.