Chapter 16~ Get the night started!

"What do you mean you can't tell me what you and Wyatt were teasing him about?" I crossed both my arms Infront of my chest and impatiently waited for Ryan's response as I sat beside him on our living room couch.

"Look I don't want to be the one who makes it awkward between you and Riv... That's all I got to say" he threw his hands up in a defensive manner. Nothing Ryan was telling me was making any sense, I remained giving him the same confused look.

"Ryan nothing you say or do will ever make anything awkward between Riv and I, and that's the same for you and I, Wyatt also... nothing could possibly make me feel awkward around y'all we've been best friends for ten years now like come on" I tried my best to remain subtle with him. After saying that I felt like it helped me budget Ryan just a little more. He let out a small sigh of defeat then looked me in the eyes with a very genuine expression on his face.

"Wyatt and I made a joke about River having a little crush on you" he had a certain look in his eyes as he told me this that just screamed "I'm in deep trouble now". Once Ryan finally let the cat out of the bag I put my arms back down to my sides then burst out into laughter. Ryan's face immediately changed to confusion mixed with fear.

"You've been acting like I'm gonna fucking murder you if you told me that!" I tried to say through my laughter.

After my little laughing fit I finally recollected myself and finished what I was going to say to him.

"Well as silly as that joke is it's really gotten to Riv so can I please ask you to just lay off him a bit" I asked Ryan in a very sincere tone while regaining eye contact with him.

He went quiet for a split second, almost like he had to debate whether or not to agree with my wishes.

"Alright y/n... I'll try not to be too harsh on him for now" Ryan complied with no trouble at all, which made me feel a major weight lift off my shoulders, knowing that I hopefully won't have to have another conversation with River about him getting brutally teased for a while. I thanked Ryan for his compliance and gave him a tight hug before hopping back up from my seat and making my way back to Rivers room, this time feeling zero stress at all.

Like normal I gently knocked on his bedroom door and awaited for either a response or just to be let straight in. This time River didn't ask who it was and willingly opened his door seconds after my knocks. For some reason he seemed like he didn't expect me to come back, which I thought was quite cute. As I made my way into his room I placed myself back down on the edge of his bead.

"I just spoke with Ryan and he has agreed to lay off you" I informed River while giving him a kindhearted smile. River joined me on the bed yet again, this time not avoiding my eye contact what so ever.

"I appreciate it y/n... Thank you" his voice sounded a little deeper than usual. Instinctively I looked down to avoid eye contact for a split moment, then regained it back, this time with a smile on my face.

"Anytime Riv" I replied. I watched as his lips started to slowly curl up into a smile also. River broke eye contact as he started giggling and covering his mouth with his hand to try and hide it. It was the most purest thing seeing Riv smile, and it never failed to make my heart melt at the sight. Hearing his contagious chuckling quickly caused me to join in.

"Why are you laughing?" I asked through laughter which only caused Riv to laugh even harder. It was like a contagious disease, the more he laughed the more it'd make me laugh.

"I don't even know" he laughed. I took a moment to try and regain myself from the laughing, I took a deep breath then finally calmed down.

"Your a fucking cookie Riv" I teased and chuckled a little at my own joke.