Time for a Change

Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III was not your average Viking. Vikings were big, strong, and tough. Hiccup wasn't any of those things. He was small and scrawny for being fifteen years of age, he could barely lift the standard ten pound hammers his people used for weapons, and although he was accustomed to the constant cold weather on the island of Berk, he'd get a splinter from even polished wood. Yep, definitely not your typical Viking. The only thing that made him of any importance was the fact that the island's chief, Stoick the Vast, was his father, and that meant Hiccup was next in line as chief. But even that didn't give him much hope because here's the truth of it: no one remotely liked him. Useless, they called him. What kind of future chief would be considered an absolute humiliation to even his own father? It wasn't as if Hiccup hadn't tried to be useful and create a name for himself, because he had. It just seemed like he had the worst luck of anyone on Berk. And only Thor knew if it would ever change.

Merida of Dunbroch was a complete tomboy of a princess. Her mother had tried to bring her up prim and proper, but the sixteen year old maiden craved action and adventure. In place of needle work and elegant dresses, she craved archery and horseback riding. Independent and hotheaded, she was determined to have her own way. But lessons with Elinor, her mother, made it difficult to pursue her passions and be herself. Her mother insisted that she set an example for the kingdom, for one day, it would be hers to rule. Merida hated being forced to be anyone but herself and pushed into growing up faster than her own pace. Why couldn't her mother see that? Something had to change.

Jack Frost had been a loner from the start. Not that he wanted to be, but it was because he had no choice. While he had a gift over ice and snow, he also had a curse of invisibility. No one could see, hear, or touch him. On the upside, he could do whatever he wanted with his power over ice and get away with it. The pleasure he took out of it, however, was always short lived. For over three hundred years, he felt a void inside his heart. Yes, Jack was immortal; both a blessing and a curse. Living forever and eternal youth had its benefits, but what was the point if that life had no one to share it with? One way or another, he wanted a change. And he got it, just not the way he expected it. About a year ago, Jack found out that the Man in the Moon had chosen him to be a Guardian of Childhood in order to defeat Pitch Black, a specter of Fear and Darkness. Everything was right again, wasn't it?

Rapunzel was ready to enter womanhood. Her whole life, she had been raised in an isolated tower with only her mother for company. For the most part, she knew how to take care of herself and keep a home tidy. While she had many hobbies, the one she was most passionate about was art, or more specifically, painting. Every hope and dream she had ever wished for was portrayed on the walls and furniture. Although her mother kept telling her what horrors were out there in the world, she often wondered what the floating lights were out there that always appeared on her birthday. They seemed to be calling her whenever they appeared. Why? Were they a message of some kind? If so, was there a way to find out what it meant? Her mother insisted that Rapunzel was too weak to handle herself. Would things ever change?