Chapter 1

Natasha woke up to the sound of her alarm going off, immediately dismissing it and getting out of bed. "Another day of boring, I guess." She had mumbled to herself. She headed to the kitchen and grabbed a bowl out of the cupboard and an oatmeal packet out of a different cabinet, preparing it like it says on the package putting it in the microwave. While she waited for her oatmeal, she opened Tiktok on her ipad, scrolling through Tiktok. When one video caught her eye.

"Sit down and shut up and respect The Judgement Day and respect your Mami." Natasha audibly gasped at the video, wondering the context of the video, she had never seen a single thing related to wrestling, but most importantly who was this woman? The microwave had started to beep and she grabbed her oatmeal and a spoon, finding out the woman's name is Rhea Ripley. She didn't have time to get lost in her tiktok so she followed and moved on finishing her oatmeal, rinsing the bowl before going to her room to grab clothes to get dressed after her shower. She checked her phone for the time seeing she had a little over an hour before she had to head to work. She headed to the bathroom putting on her playlist, singing along to Colt 45, as she stepped into the water taking her time.

As soon as she got out of the shower, she dried off before wrapping her hair in the towel and started getting dressed, a pair of blue jeans and a simple red tshirt. She had grabbed her makeup bag and started doing her makeup, natural looking makeup as usual, before taking her hair down brushing through it and styling it in a simple ponytail. She threw on her tennis shoes, grabbing her phone, keys, and purse heading to her car and to work. She worked at the salon just a few blocks away. When she headed into the salon she looked around setting her stuff down at her chair.

"Natasha!" Her bestfriend Addison called out.

"Addie! Hey what's up?"

"Your 11am called and canceled, she had a family emergency and rescheduled."

"You didn't charge her the cancelation fee right? She's so loyal to me I couldn't possibly do that to her."

"Oh! Of course not, she's been coming to see you for years. She did say that the next time she comes in you're getting a bigger tip than usual!" Natasha chuckled at Addie before picking up the salon phone.

"Hello, thank you for calling Stacy's Salon, this is Natasha speaking how can I help you?"

"I was just wondering if Addison was there, I have an appointment scheduled with her in about 30 minutes."

"She is, let me hand her the phone." Natasha looked at Addie. "For you." She stated before handing the phone to Addison. Natasha headed to her chair cleaning up the things she would have needed for the client that canceled. The bell on the door rang as a woman walked in, Natasha knew she looked familiar, but she couldn't figure it out, heading back to the front since Addison was on the phone.

"Hello, I was just wondering if you take walk-ins" the dark haired woman asked, she had a muscular build, and was really tall compared to Natasha.

"Typically? No, however I had a cancellation so I can take you now. What are we thinking for your hair?" She replied in her customer service voice.

"Amazing! I just need a trim honestly, I feel so bad for going to another stylist, but I'm not from here."

"Oh! I understand, if you'll follow me. Us stylists understand, when you need a trim you need a trim." The woman chuckled at Natasha's words as Natasha led the woman to her chair.

"I really appreciate you taking me on such short notice, this is the third salon I've been to." Natasha had started the process of grabbing what she needed.

"Oh, of course! Yeah some of the other salons around here are so y'know uptight." Natasha grabbed her scissors. "Okay, before I start, tell me with trim do you mean just dead-ends, an inch?"

"2 inches after you get the dead-ends. I don't remember the last time I was able to see my stylist so it's a bit longer than what I want."

"I so can do that!" Natasha started to cut the dead-ends first and paused. "Still the two?"

"Yes uh. I just realized I never got your name."

"Oh! My apologies, I'm Natasha." Natasha marked the two inches and started cut the woman's hair.

"It's a pleasure to meet you! I'm Demi."

"Well it's a pleasure to meet you too, Demi." Natasha finished cutting Demi's hair. "All done! What do we think?" Natasha watched Demi look at her hair in the mirror with a smile.

"Bloody awesome! Thank you so much."

"Of course! If you follow me back up to the front we can get you set and on your way." Natasha led Demi to the counter.

"Alright, how much?"

"Just 10, plus if you want to leave a tip. Cash or card?"

"Card for the haircut, but your tip will be cash." Demi stated and handed Natasha her credit card.

"Alright, for the tip just put none, and sign there." Natasha watched Demi sign her name.

"Okay, now for your tip." Demi handed Natasha 30 in cash.

"Oh, Demi, I couldn't. Your haircut was only 10."

"I insist, you could have turned me away or could have been a total jerk to me, but you weren't so please take it." Natasha nodded in agreement.

"Okay, fine." Both women chuckled a bit.

"Oh Natasha, before I forget! Take my number, I would like to get my hair done by you whenever I'm in New York so I can actually schedule appointments with you in advance." Demi wrote her number on the back of Natasha's salon card before handing it to her. "And feel free to text me whenever."

"Oh! Okay, thank you so much, have a great day!" Natasha said enthusiastically. When Addie appeared back at the front.

"Who was that?" Addie asked curiously.

"Uh her name is Demi, she was super nice!" Natasha responded before pulling her phone out, sending a text to Demi.

Natasha: Hey, just so you also have my number -The Salon Girl

Demi hadn't responded, she was probably driving not a big deal.

*time skip to 4pm*

"Girl, I was thinking after work, how about we go get dinner? I'll buy." Addie suggested.

"Oh, sure! I'm starving." Natasha's phone buzzed on the front desk and she picked it up seeing it was a text from Demi.

Demi: I'm saving your contact under Salon Girl now

Of course Natasha responded immediately.

Natasha: well what should I save your number under?

Natasha had set her phone down, as she watched Addie finish with her client as she started to think to herself, why did Demi look so familiar? Where had she seen Demi before? Once it hit five, Addie and Natasha had started to clean up the salon, making small conversation here and there. "Addie, where did you want to eat?"

"Oh, uh I don't care where. Wherever I head to I guess." Natasha and Addie started chuckling as they gathered up their things and headed to their cars, heading off to wherever Addie wanted to go.