Chapter 17: The Redheaded Warden - Karin

Start from the beginning

"Hmph!"

Karin sniffs Suigetsu.

"You disgust me."

"What did you say!?"

Sasuke and I walk up to them.

"Cut it out, you two. Karin, take us to a room, now."

'Took him long enough to shut them up.'

"Alright, come on!"

Karin turns around and starts walking down the hall. Sasuke and I follow, while Suigetsu stops for a second the catches up and walks next to me.

~

"Karin, come with me. I need you on my team."

Sasuke says while sitting on the couch. I'm leaning on the wall next to Sasuke and Suigetsu is sitting on the other side of the couch.

"Huh?! Why should I go with you? I have responsibilities, I run this place!"

Karin shouts while standing in front of us.

"Orochimaru is gone now."

"So, there's still a lot of prisoners here."

"Speaking of which, they were awfully quiet when we walked by them. They must know that Orochimaru is dead. That news had to have reached here by now."

Suigetsu mentions.

"I've noticed that the number of prisoners is slightly smaller than it was the last time I was here. When we came in, I also noticed signs of recent digging in the grounds near the front of the entrance to this hideout. Karin, I know that you possess a razor sharp intellect, and that you're an expert in controlling information."

Sasuke says.

"Now that you mention it..."

I quietly say as I look between Sasuke and Karin.

"Of course. Rumors about Orochimaru's death started spreading among the prisoners. So in order to avoid a riot, and having them try to escape, you put some sort of plan in place. Isn't that right?"

Suigetsu looks at Karin then continues.

"You planted a spy among the inmates so if anyone starts asking about Orochimaru... Well, you know."

"Karin, it's your cautious nature which has maintained order in this prison for so long. Or rather... Kept you alive."

"Hey, you don't have to put that way you now, Sasuke!"

Karin says, mad.

"You've been trained by Orochimaru, all right. You're scary. You probably sensed our presence long ago. And you've probably thought up half a dozen ways to kill us."

"I would have if it was just you, Suigetsu."

"But not Sasuke or Lily, huh? Especially Sasuke"

Suigetsu smirks.

"I didn't say that, idiot! Sasuke and Lily are my colleagues. Besides, I wanted to know if the rumors were really true. I wanted to find out if Sasuke killed Orochimaru."

Karin says then looks over at Sasuke.

"I killed him"

Sasuke says, sounding board.

"How can you say that so casually!?"

Karin yells and Sasuke ignores her and turns to me.

"Lily, Suigetsu... I want you both to go out there and release everyone that is held prisoner here."